Hello from Bucks

Just joined, say 'Hello' in here
Saunmj

Hello from Bucks

Post by Saunmj »

Hello from Buckinghamshire.

Please do excuse this first message being an enquiry but hopefully I can explain...

I am in the process of a house clearance of my grandparents property alongside my father/brother, and have come across a large (think council recycling size) box of model railway parts belonging to my father. He has shown no interest in them anymore and asked me to see if anything was good/had value before it went to the end of life area (the skip).

Now I have no idea - it could be worthless / cheap stuff or there may be some interesting pieces in there. At first look I see track, carriages, possibly some engines + some bridges etc.

My estimate is on the pieces being 45-50 years old as my father is 63 so winding time back to when he was a child.

The question I have - is there a market for parts such as this and if so does anyone have any advice for me as to how to initially search that out?

I don't have pictures currently as the box is still at the property but can easily source.

Thanks in advance for any help
Mark
brian1951

Re: Hello from Bucks

Post by brian1951 »

The market you need is EBAY, do some research in sold items on there, that will give you a idea to values. Your not permitted to sell on here im afraid as yet, please see the forum rules.
Saunmj

Post by Saunmj »

No problem - thank you!
I wasn't specifically seeking to sell here - more ascertain if there is actually interest in people buying old pieces.

Seems there might be and ebay is my best place :-)

I will have a look here and post there. Thanks again :-)
Rog (RJ)

Post by Rog (RJ) »

If you need to find out what the models are that you have, you are welcome to post photos to help in identification.

Older models tend to have a makers name and number on them. Newer models may only have a makers name.

If you have the correct original boxes, values are much higher.
Saunmj

Post by Saunmj »

Ok great thank you - I will retrieve the box and see what we have. It is certainly all old items.

Unfortunately won't have boxes but not really seeking to "make" money on this. Just don't want to throw old quality items (if they are) if others would be interested.

I will see what there is and maybe post some pictures soon!

Thanks again,
Mark