Fleischmann twin centre

davidvenn71

Fleischmann twin centre

Post by davidvenn71 »

Hi Everyone,haveing just laid my track and tested it with dc,i have found that although there is power to the track the train will not run.Im using the Dapol Virgin train to test, and have noticed the dc fleischmann traffo is 14vlts. As i intend to use the Fleischmann twin centre im wondering if the british N gauge locos will need a different power source to run at 12 vs or will this be possible by
useing the twin centre to control the current.
brian1951

Re: Fleischmann twin centre

Post by brian1951 »

The twin center will run British locos, are you sure the dapol loco is a runner, try putting 12v to the wheels first.
davidvenn71

Post by davidvenn71 »

Hi Brian many thanks for the reply , im using the dapolvoyager 4 car dmu unit to test. so not sure why it wont run.
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

Is the loco new ? Have you run it before ?
davidvenn71

Post by davidvenn71 »

Hi Brian yes its brand new bought some years ago but not run, as i said i have power to the rails (dc at the moment) i just get a bussing sound and very slow if any movement is it possible i have a short in the track somewhere, very confused.
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

Right David, Firstly you need to look at the loco, is it dc or dcc ready or dcc fitted ? Secondly do you have any other locos you can try. How have you wired the track just a single feed or droppers and a bus circuit ? The more info you provide the easier for us to find the problem.
davidvenn71

Post by davidvenn71 »

Hi Brian,the Dmu is Dcc ready with the power unit in the second car, at the moment its wired for dc operation as i wanted to test the track, i have tried another loco which is just dc and it does the same, i have all the wires for the track bus, but as yet have not fitted it, i am using a fleischmann dc controller to test the track, but have noticed that even when set to zero the buzzing contiues, hope this helps. I am tempted to start again with the track laying and see if i have had a short.Many thanks for your imput.
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

Have you got a meter to test the controller output. Making sure you have the wires connected to the Dc outlet on the Traffo,
davidvenn71

Post by davidvenn71 »

Unfortunatly Brian i dont have a meter.
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

OK. Next move is to disconnect the trafo from the track. Connect two wires to the DC outlet and touch the loco wheels with the wires to see if anything happens half throttle to start with. IF the loco runs, the problem is with your track, report back please when you have tried this.