Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Paul Palmer

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by Paul Palmer »

As im starting out this hobby is very expensive,and sound isn't on the list yet Mountain Goat,i did do some research and was aware of the costs,so hey ,wagons arrived today via Hattons,the 66 loco was an Ebay purchase,might be with me tomorrow but I suspect it will be here on Monday,interesting to hear about your class 66,which one do you have? pictures attached
Paul Palmer

Post by Paul Palmer »

Some pictures as promised,i bought the class 66 secondhand from ebay through a model/train shop,its hardly been used and came complete with its name plates and detail pack
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I dont have a 66. I was mentioning about the lovely sound of the real thing. I was mentioning it as if the sound class 66 should in theory sound amazing!
I do have a Bachmann sound class 37 and that's impressive. I'm slowly selling my 00 gauge though which are mostly B.R. blue models.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Paul Palmer

Post by Paul Palmer »

Sorry Mountain Goat,your post does say you don't have one!!!,why the sell off of the 00 gauge loco's?and also what do you think of my class 66? I am very happy with it and I got it for a great price
Chops

Post by Chops »

Remarkable imagery of the modern range.
Paul Palmer

Post by Paul Palmer »

Thankyou Chops
Paul Palmer

Post by Paul Palmer »

4 more Dapol HIA freightliner wagons ordered today,that will make the rake to 7 wagons,i think anymore than 7 will look silly,even on my size layout
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

When I bought the bogie wagons that I did I think I bought 14 of them as in real life the trains would take about 30 to 35 of them. I don't think any models will pull the same loads the prototype does. It is not easy though. Make the model wagons lighter mean they are more likely to come off the rails. Friction is increased the smaller one goes.
Mind you, on a small layout having a long train of wagons doesn't look right.... It's a balance. Maybe seven is good after all. :lol:
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
cadman

Post by cadman »

Bought from the Hatton's sale a Bachmann BR Standard Class 4MT, DCC ready.........very nice.......HB
DSC04462C.jpg
Sorry I'm late but I couldn't get my flip-flops to work :roll:
Paul Palmer

Post by Paul Palmer »

A possible latest acquisition,HORNBY R3514 00 GWR HITACHI IEP BI-MODEL CLASS 800/0 FIVE CAR TRAIN PACK ,but and its a very big but,its very expensive,plus the cost of 2 decoders,buts whats worrying me is all what I have heard of this loco and coaches derailing very easily,I did contact Hornby today for advice,and was told that if there are derailing issues Hornby will mod the loco,including collecting and redelivering the loco back to me,some people have had no problems and many have,so not sure yet what to do