The Shankly and Gdynia Railway

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Hound Dog

Re: The Shankly and Gdynia Railway

Post by Hound Dog »

As always every picture packed with activity and colour - nice job.

I also tend to have several projects on the go at any one time and consequently struggle to close things out...... trying at the moment to finish my depot and adjacent yard area, but a recent step back and review of things resulted in some track being taken up and a revised track plan at nearby Portencross Junction....... happy with the outcome and hoping to have something to share after Easter...... managing to get sometime every day whilst grounded at home so making some steady steps forward, but spent longer than I anticipated at the weekend under the baseboard rewiring ( and have the lumps and bumps on my bald head to prove it - LOL).
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

It's good to hear about your working methods, Bandit Mick and Hound Dog and how you are making use of lockdown to push your layouts forward. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a somewhat scatter gun approach. Having said that, there is some logic to it. I've been painting figures and scenic stuff with enamel paint, so doing more rather than less makes the cleaning of brushes etc more time effective. I'm still hoping to get one of the projects onto the layout and photographed over the Easter weekend.

Here's a leftover photo.

Still Kissing (It Must Be Love)
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Happy Easter Everyone,
In my last post, I should have thanked Bandit Mick and Hound Dog for their supportive comments. Many thanks BM and HD, your kind words are much appreciated.

The Military Is on the Move

The jeeps and the soldiers are part of a planned metamorphosis of the layout in a 1940 Battle of Britain scene. I've actually painted a lot more figures than this, but they'll have to wait until I have the scenic features to put them with, which will be some time. One of my other scenic projects is coming along nicely, so watch this space...
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Liverpool Football Club Champions of Europe 2019 Victory Parade

Here's one of the projects I've been (slowly, oh so slowly) working on. The main part of my layout is called Shankly, so it's appropriate that Liverpool FC's Champions League 2019 victory parade passes through the town. It was the figures of the players and manager that caused me to take so long to get the scene complete. I started painting them last September, but then got distracted by other scenic features, especially, the backscenes. The fans have been mostly taken from other parts of the layout, which now looks rather empty - not unlike the real world during lockdown right now. There are also six female football fans with scarves and flags which came with the two sets of Noch HO footballers. There were also six male fans in the two sets, but I've painted them in tracksuits and made them players and manager in the open top buses. I haven't counted the number of figures in the crowd, but it's a little less than the 750,000 who watched the real victory parade last June. Three-quarters of a million people TOGETHER. We aren't allowed to have three now!

I need to work on the flags. They are just too small to paint, so I might use a fine nibbed coloured pen to draw the Liverpool Liver Bird logo. I'll also try printing some flags, but they really are small.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Looking really good, IanAlan.

I hope the Everton fans are behaving themselves. :lol:

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

If you look closely at the last photo in post 135 near the level crossing, Glencairn, there's a railway man in the road with his hands in his waistcoat pockets who looks decidedly cheesed off. I think he's an Everton fan. :lol:
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

There he is, at the back on the left. Hang dog look. Well cheesed off. Definitely an Everton fan.

Odd One Out

Some Real Liverpool Fans

Happy Day

Rhapsody in Red
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Interesting idea!
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

That's What I Call a Bird's Eye View

There They Are!

Here They Come!
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Thanks Cheshire Lines. I hope that other model railway enthusiasts find it interesting. There are some trains in some of the Victory Parade photos.

Victory