The Shankly and Gdynia Railway

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
IanAlan

Re: The Shankly and Gdynia Railway

Post by IanAlan »

VE Day Flypast

The trains have taken a backseat in today's photos but I'm sure that you will forgive me on account of the Spitfire. 🙂
IanS

Post by IanS »

Lovely photos. I did wonder where the crash site was as the spitfires are so low :-)
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Many thanks IanS for your kind words. The Spitfire is flying dangerously low, I admit. My explanation is that although it's a Mark 1 in 1940 Battle of Britain camouflage, the Victory Flypast takes place on VE Day 1945, and in my imagination the pilot is a veteran of flying the Griffin engined ground attack versions of the Spitfire. In which case, he would be highly proficient at hair-raisingly low-level flying.

Many thanks also to Chops for your kind word. It's said that a picture says a thousand words, but I also think that a very small number of well chosen words can also be very powerful.

Spitfire

Up Close and Dangerous

It's a Spit
Puddles

Post by Puddles »

That’s a great picture looking down on the Spitfire flying over the town,very clever photography.
Puddles
It does not take me long to do five minutes work.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Looking down at the Spitfire like that in picture 1 reminds me of my time walking the North Tyne Valley and looking down at the fighter aircraft zooming past as they headed north.

Carry on. :)

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Thank you Puddles and Glencairn. It would seem that my hunch that model Spitfire photos would go down well on MRF was correct, especially with the VE Day 75th anniversary celebrations.

Today's photos will probably be the last on the Spitfire theme, at least for a while.

I know that the first of today's photos is technically rather poor, but I like it because it reminds we of those rather grainy WW 2 aerial combat pictures taken from the aircraft, and seems to capture something of its highly perilous nature.

You may have noticed that the Spitfire gained a little height in some of the photos from my last two posts. I've taken on board your feedback. 👍.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

If you want to enhance a picture - add a Spitfire. Super pictures, super plane. BB
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Thanks BB. I apologize for not replying sooner, but I haven't visited the forum for nearly a week. You're right that a Spitfire would grace any picture. 👍
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Urban Landscape

IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Urban development

I've added some new models that I've been working on during lockdown. There isn't really room on the layout for all of them, but I've squeezed them in. I'll certainly move them around a bit. Like all the scenic features on the layout, nothing is fixed down.