DCC Sound

Cowplain

DCC Sound

Post by Cowplain »

I have a Hornby King (R2460) sound fitted, but the speaker (fitted in the tender) is defective. Please can anyone please advise on what the Ohmic value of the replacement speaker should be?
Brian

Re: DCC Sound

Post by Brian »

The R2460 number brings up a non decoder fitted loco - DCC Ready. So someone has fitted a decoder with sound to the loco. Do you know what make and possibly the model of the sound decoder?
Service sheet for R2460... http://www.lendonsmodelshop.co.uk/pdf/H ... 0Class.pdf

Also how sure are you that the speaker has blown? If its in the tender and the decoder is in the loco its worth looking for a broken speaker wire between loco and tender!
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

If your controller can...
...interrogate CVs 7 and 8 then report back.
Cowplain

Post by Cowplain »

The decoder looks to be the Hornby R8108 TTS Sound for King Class.
The speaker leads are connected to the decoder and lead into the tender, but no speaker. This is a model that I am trying to "reclaim" for a friend and it appears to have had a bit of a rough life. It is now running very well but I would like to get the sound working.

I have not had a chance to interrogate CV's 7 and 8 yet I but I hope to later today.
Cowplain

Post by Cowplain »

Sorry about the earlier typo, the Decoder looks like the Hornby R8109.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I think you will find that the speakers supplied with TTS decoders are 8 Ohm 1 watt.
Roger O

Post by Roger O »

I’ve just purchased a iPhone 6s speaker online for very little cost as I have a Bachman class 20 which I’m going to replace the speaker. Wouldn’t one of this type be acceptable as the sound is supposed to be very good.
Brian

Post by Brian »

It depends on what the speakers ohm rating is? e.g. Put a 4 ohm speaker in something designed for 16 or worse 100 ohms and 'Poof' goes the amplifier output.