Reading recommendations

Model railway or real railway books & magazines.
AndyH

Reading recommendations

Post by AndyH »

Hi all.
New to modelling .

I've got an old set out the attic, I've set it up and had it going around the track. I'm in process of finishing the baseboard and wanting to set it back up properly with signals, electric points etc I have some switches and point motors some points have little circles in them, I guess these are electric ones .
Anyway it's all DC and I know nothing about where to place what signal or how to wire it all up so have a lot to learn.
What are the best books to start with, is it the newcomers guide by Brian that has been recommended to me, any others I should look at?
Thanks Andy
Walkingthedog

Re: Reading recommendations

Post by Walkingthedog »

Just read Brians book.
Nurse, the screens!
Mr Bones

Post by Mr Bones »

------- Ditto ---------
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Sorry just trying to understand what it covers. I'm looking for details on operation and wiring mainly. I've just about got the baseboard completed l, I'm copying a layout which has some manual points but looking to add electric signals/lights/points etc oh and hills tunnels etc. Would this cover it all or would I need other books like Building and Operating a Realistic Model Railway?
Thanks Andy
Brian

Post by Brian »

AndyH wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:40 pm Sorry just trying to understand what it covers. I'm looking for details on operation and wiring mainly. I've just about got the baseboard completed l, I'm copying a layout which has some manual points but looking to add electric signals/lights/points etc oh and hills tunnels etc. Would this cover it all or would I need other books like Building and Operating a Realistic Model Railway?
Thanks Andy
Yes :D
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Mr Bones

Post by Mr Bones »

And more...
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Thanks all bit more then wanted to spend but ordered a copy £9 plus postage