Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Rog (RJ)

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by Rog (RJ) »

I have the same searchlight and missile launcher, not in such good condition as yours though. I think i have a couple of missiles somewhere.
Chops

Good Bye to Steam

Post by Chops »

Not much of a plot line in this one, and longer than I usually make them. I was experimenting with different camera angles. To this end, much duct tape was used. Also, I was trying to get a grip on this Windows 10. The chaps think they reinvented the wheel, they just made it more annoying and difficult than ever to perform previously simple tasks.I'm not a computer guy, but enough is enough.

Lastly, I learned how to download some music from non-copyrighted sources for future videos, that is helpful. In using the artist's music, my sole and only intent is to perhaps share it with an audience that might never hear them- like the Russian Folk Group, Octava Yo. Clanadonia is coming up soon. Scottish by heritage, Clanadonia practically had me picking up a spear in search of Roman invaders. That is some really fine stuff that evokes images of Picts and a glorious sort of Scotch pride. I hope other people will hear it, enjoy it, and buy it. Clanadonia is not on iTunes, and these brilliant artists deserve an audience and recompense.

So, in brief, I am having a great deal of pleasure running my new old Triang Class 77, the new lock, and the Lima Class whatever it is, works good. I'm glad for that. I think it is a Baby Deltic. If not, like my catenary, it shall be a Baby Deltic. In other words, utterly imaginary.

https://youtu.be/Zxorgt9qW7w
Mike Parkes

Re: Good Bye to Steam

Post by Mike Parkes »

Chops wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:34 am I am having a great deal of pleasure running my new old Triang Class 77, the new lock, and the Lima Class whatever it is, works good. I'm glad for that. I think it is a Baby Deltic. If not, like my catenary, it shall be a Baby Deltic. In other words, utterly imaginary.
Class 33
Chops

Post by Chops »

Ooophta. :cry:
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

L M S locomotive 5699 Galatea arrived today.
IMG_4566.JPG
IMG_4572.JPG
IMG_4570.JPG
Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
hunslet

Post by hunslet »

Hi all.
When these first came out I wanted to get one but because they are limited production I missed out.
However I managed to find a used perfect example recently.
It is an SNCF ex PLM 231K locomotive by REE models.
It has DCC sound and sychronised smoke plus cylinder drain steam which only operates when starting as per prototype.

It is a superb model with diecast body and much detail.

I also have a 231 D by REE but have not taken a photo yet !
Colin.
Chops

Post by Chops »

An elegant beast, that. Would love to see some video of that, with all its special effects. :)
hunslet

Post by hunslet »

Hi all. Sorry I don't do videos but I found this which shows the effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxVLqfesFo

The smoke can be turned off and the cylinder drain time can be altered or switched off.

Regards, Colin.
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

I bought this during my first post-lockdown visit to my local model shop a few weeks ago.
It's an H0 Gauge Model of an Andrew Barclay 0-6-0 side tank made by Hornby under the Electrotren label. Slightly underscale I know, but I couldn't resist!
Will be used on the exchange sidings part of my layout.

footplate

Post by footplate »

My latest acquisition is an immaculate secondhand Bachmann Midland class 1F LMS loco..
4EB96DAF-CBF7-4AD2-A3AC-FFDC6674553A.jpeg