Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
bulleidboy

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by bulleidboy »

Walkingthedog wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:46 pm New kids on the block.

And so the collection grows! :)
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I seem to remember saying I’d just have a couple of locos and a few wagons.
Nurse, the screens!
dtb

Post by dtb »

Current purchase a sound decoder for a loco not yet released :geek:

Well I do have to balance the purchases, waiting on the Hornby 'City of Salford'
it's press released shortly followed by stock availability, none of the Bachmann bull re the 1P that I have lost interest in since it takes them 5 years to the shops!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Well I had seen a lovely budget Unimat copy on Amazon and my brothers wife has an account with them. It was such a good price I thought it was ideal as it was cheaper then buying parts seperately to do upgrades. (Even if the transformer would not be right as it was a Chinese plugged one it was the parts I needed).
But anyway....
The problem I had is on patiently waiting for it to arrive, three weeks later a message came through that it had been sent back to China. The seller asked if I wanted a refund or if I wanted them to try to send it again? I thought they may as well try sending it again.
So I waited... a few days past... Maybe four or five days? Then the seller emailed again and said they were on 10 days national holiday and they refunded the money. (I was not given a choice. At least I am getting my money back).
My brothers wife said that it takes about 8 to 10 days for refunds to come back via Amazon...
So maybe this is a "Grr" thing rather then a "My latest aquasition" thing... Well. The thought of using Amazon was nice!

I am wondering if the real reason for this is something to do with the EU stopping goods passing through their boundaries? Has anyone else had problems? Or could it be another reason? Who knows! All I know is I am going to need to be patient to get a refund. I think I will stick to buying from the UK even if it is more then twice the price. (Close to three times the price). :D
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Walkingthedog wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:46 pm New kids on the block.

I like the green one! :D
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Yes it’s a Peckett. Waiting for some nameplates to be delivered.
Nurse, the screens!
Postman Prat

Post by Postman Prat »

Hi WTD

I see, despite the move to O scale, that you still haven't got your credit card under control.

PP :lol:
PP
The light at the end of the tunnel is probably a train coming towards you
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Haven’t got anything under control PP. :D
Nurse, the screens!
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Hi,

As I build up stock for the Diesel Hydraulic era on my Montgreenan layout ( to be alternated with the BR Blue era), I have treated myself to a few wagons that I have been tracking for a while and for which I believe I have picked up some nice little bargains......

a) 8-off Bachmann China Clay wagons with tarpaulins and weathered, all brand new and secured via e-bay for an average of £12.13 ea...........I originally bought a rake of ten, but very honest seller noticed that two boxes had been damaged and withdrew these from sale, but gave me a generous credit for the inconvenience caused.

b) 6-off Dapol GWR Bulk Grain Hoppers which are weathered and bought new in Rail's sale last week for an average of £8.32 ea.

Gave them all a run-out this evening behind Diesel Hydraulic Warship Class 42 and Western Class 52 loco's and all ran very nicely.

Montgreenan is going under "lockdown" for a few week as I undertake some track realignment involving the approaches to the 3 curved points at the west end of the station, as I have become frustrated that my novice track laying from some 2 years ago is giving a lack of consistent running with my larger Co-Co diesels - anything with a pony axle is a nightmare and I have traced the issue back to the flex-track approaches to the points being ever so slightly tight for long bogied locos........means ripping up ballast etc, but unless it is right the pleasure of running trains is completely spoilt.

Hope everybody is safe and well and enjoying their trains - cheers Richard
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I’ve always liked the Hydraulics. Lovely locos.
Nurse, the screens!