LOW GHYLL

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Steve M

Re: LOW GHYLL

Post by Steve M »

bulleidboy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:19 am Here's me thinking you couldn't be tempted :lol: - You off to Portugal soon? Barry
Yes Barry, all ready to fly out on Thursday. Tickets for the GP have arrived but still waiting for a car park pass.
The only worry now is what the Portuguese government may do. This week they announced that ‘gatherings’ are limited to five people - the circuit has sold 45,000 tickets in blocks of six.
Two more short shifts at work then it’s three weeks off. :D
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

It seems that my quarantine projects will mainly revolve around the electrical side of the hobby. But this will prove awkward as the railway shed is now full of my son's stuff while he's waiting for a house move to go through - this is now delayed until 6 November.

But all is not lost - I've built a new workbench next to my paint shop specifically for lecky work.
This bench is a long way from the railway shed (and the railway controllers) so I bought an NCE Powercab secondhand for Low Ghyll and will relocate one of the Prodigy units to the new bench for testing and programming.

His housemove is costing me a fortune. :D
Brian

Post by Brian »

Charge him a retainer/storage fee :o That way you should cover your spend!! :D :D
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Brian wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:49 pm Charge him a retainer/storage fee :o That way you should cover your spend!! :D :D
Blood out of a stone comes to mind. :cry:
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Made some good progress on my new modelling bench. I have to add some decent lighting and fit the various electrical outlets. The plan is that there will be outlets for equipment like a solder station and a banking plate with banana plug sockets for DCC and DC. The drawer under the bench contains a programming and test track.

RogerB

Post by RogerB »

Now look! Far too organised, neat and purposeful.

Seriously, lovely work. Not really surprised and I’m sure you’ll have many enjoyable, frustrating and memorable moments in there.

Very envious of your skill, patience and workmanship.

R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Almost there with the new workbench.
The mounting boxes arrived unexpectedly early today so I’ve been able to finish the mains wiring for the two double sockets (fed from a fused spur) and add the DC and DCC wiring. The toggle switches, which are still to be labelled allow the two test tracks in the draw to be switched between DC and DCC programme and main.
Additionally there are banana plug outlets for the rolling road - either DC or DCC.

Image2020-11-04_07-07-23 by Steve Mumford, on Flickr
Bandit Mick

Post by Bandit Mick »

Wow, now that’s a workbench. Mine looks like burglars have been in and ransacked.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Far to neat and tidy! :D Cant see the surface of mine for wire, tools, dust and other cumulated bits. Makes me want to go out and tidy mine up - Not :o
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

A productive few hours yesterday afternoon - a stock of figures ready for my pre-orders.

Image2020-11-06_10-30-14 by Steve Mumford, on Flickr