Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
bulleidboy

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by bulleidboy »

A great eBay auction win. This is a Hornby R2300 Bournemouth Belle Train Pack from about 2005. There are currently half a dozen on Ebay - nearly all Buy it Now priced between £205 and £265. There is one on auction with a starting bid of £185. Even the additional coach pack R4169 - there are two on eBay priced at £129 and £197 :o The auction I won started at £32 - a quick bid to sort the men from the boys, and then over a few days, some carefully placed bids - I won the auction and paid £121.00. Looking at other items the seller was selling, it was all clothing - no model railway related items.
I would add it was described as "new", and on close examination, it is, even the box has no shelf wear at all - and a small price sticker saying £129.00. I'm very pleased with this "win".

ImageIMG_0794 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Last edited by bulleidboy on Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cadman

Post by cadman »

That's a great buy, Barry, well bought........ 8-) ........HB
Sorry I'm late but I couldn't get my flip-flops to work :roll:
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Well done Barry. Ebay is great if you use it properly. Can’t see why people get in to such a tiswas with it.
Nurse, the screens!
Bandit Mick

Post by Bandit Mick »

Very very nice!
IanS

Post by IanS »

Santa called today with an early delivery from Rails of Sheffield.

He delivered some diodes, a box of flexi-track and some spare buffers as I seem to have a habit of losing them!

He also delivered these two beauties with DCC sound delivered:

The 37 wouldn't program on the programming track - I rang Rails and was talked through the process of programming on the main which worked a treat!
Apparently the 37's have a habit of not liking the programming track for programming!
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the sound on the Dapol Western, which I assume is factory fitted sound....... I bottled it when I bought my new Dapol Western and only ordered the DCC ready version, with the promise of buying a Biffo sound decoder, which has yet to happen.

Cheers - Richard
IanS

Post by IanS »

The sound is OK for me - I'm not after prototypical but noise. The volume fills the garage such that I can still hear it from one end of a double garage to the other, even with other locos chugging away on the layout.

I'm happy with the volume out of the box (yes, it was bought as DCC sound fitted) although it does come with a blanking plate so I'm not sure if it is a dealer upgrade authorised by Bachmann. The box has sticky labels announcing the DCC sound.

The Class 37 in comparison, out of the box, is very quiet and even beside me on the layout I struggle to hear the sound. It is adjustable, I've just not tried that on any loco yet!
Chops

Post by Chops »

Hornby Third Class Carriages.
PBoland

Post by PBoland »

Significant birthday yesterday :shock: But nice present.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Being an ardent tinkerer in the workshop and being well known for getting glue and paint on my clothes, I decided to invest in an apron.
Arrived from Amazon today and although it was described as waxed canvas, it actually turned out to be full leather which was my preferred material. And only £17 so I'm quite pleased with that. :D
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)