Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
sandy

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by sandy »

Just ordered one of these. Due in June hopfully
Sandy
dtb

Post by dtb »

I had some terrible luck recently from 2 popular online stores, ordered a TTS Duke of Gloucester on 22/12 as it had not arrived and my online order status was pending and had been since ordering I phoned for an update, the reply 'sorry, we couldn't find the loco'
Now that's not a problem itself but not informing me or raising a refund is!

Round 2, Bachmann LMS Jinty again with sound, placed the order Sunday, got a phone call on the Monday, sorry we sold that last week!!

i have a couple of others due this week but won't post until they get here :D
sandy

Post by sandy »

That was bad luck DTB. I shall keep an eye on Hornby and check my order to make sure it does not happen to me. This is the first time I have done a pre order with Hornby. I dont remember any problems with Hornby from others on here.
Sandy
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Sandy, Hornby pre-orders don’t usually encounter problems with supply. They also honour the original price when the order was placed even if the price shifts between order and delivery - not something that can always be said for the retailers.
Used to be a good deal when they offered a discount to member staff of the Hornby Club. Sadly that is a thing of the past.
The choice now is full price and guaranteed delivery from Hornby or a discount and a gamble on delivery from a box shifter. Worth bearing in mind that two major retailers cancelled all orders of some brands because of petty arguments between the respective executives.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Another nice grubby black loco - this time a Hornby Austerity 0-6-0 saddle tank, purchased 2nd hand on e-bay.
Ran well straight from the box and has soon been put to work by the ICI shunting department on a rake of limestone hoppers.
sandy

Post by sandy »

Thanks Steve M with the info about Hornby. I thought that Hornby were reliable with orders.
Sandy
Chops

Post by Chops »

We model railheads must be an odd lot, only we can find beauty in grime. Terrific piece.
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

An RKcdu3 capacitor discharge unit, only £5.75 including postage!

I really like this as not only is it cheap, it is a slim design and it has both a jack socket and screw terminals for the power in. This means the power in screw terminals can be used as power out. Not a huge benefit in the grand scheme of things but tidy!

Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Daft question, why would you want to use the power in screw terminal as power out?
Nurse, the screens!
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

Walkingthedog wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:56 am Daft question, why would you want to use the power in screw terminal as power out?
Well the power supply I already have has a jack plug on it, so that can plug straight into CDU. I also want to use the same PSU to eventually power various lights and signals around the layout. So I can parallel off the supply from the screw terminals.
Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS