Hornby - New website

Post here items relating to Hornby. Including all their subsidiary makes.
Brian

Re: Hornby - New website

Post by Brian »

IMO who ever Hornby's IT company are they should be sacked and a new one engaged ASAP.
Its a disgrace at the moment and should never have been made live until a huge amount of beta testing was carried out.
In all, while it looks good, its actually a disgrace and rather appalling for a major UK company and supplier to put such a poorly assembled website on the www!
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
sandy

Post by sandy »

I ordered a loco for £199 and got the normal email confirming the back order (due in June) I checked my Hornby account couple days later and it showed I had ordered 2 of the same. I rang Hornby and they confirmed I indeed had quantity 2 showing and they cant change it on the website. They said don't worry you have only been charged for 1 and have only been emailed receipt for one. which is correct. I will only get one. All very well I suppose but I hope I don't end up with 2 boxes in the [post and £400 vanishing from the bank account. :roll:
Last edited by sandy on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy
yelrow

Post by yelrow »

Some time ago, i took part in a live exchange of info, with a company, brought in by Hornby, to look at their way ahead. It was a tad shambolic, and we were all paid, eventually , for our contributions. I wonder if this new website was their work. Great pity, it was launched, before they had completed all post transfers, as, it would appear, this is proving difficult. I like the overall set up, although , according to another , well known forum, it contains many errors. Bit like the product launch, one waits with baited breath, for all clear.
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

I once ordered 3 x pairs of rolling road rollers and received three boxes, each box having 4 x pairs. I told them of the error and they said keep them, so in the end I was giving the things away I had so many spare.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Well that shows perhaps just how bad their original and worse their new web site is!
Brian

Post by Brian »

A week passes by and no forum! The transfer of files must be so, so long! Really! :o
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Maybe they are sorting the wheat from the chaff and deleting a few users along the way?
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
dtb

Post by dtb »

pretty sure some of the members here are moderators, do they know what's happening perhaps
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

Unfortunately we are as in the dark as anyone else outside Hornby Towers.

Responses to our comms. with the current Administrator are swift but contain no real information about the issues or potential timeline to resolution.

It seems the main revenue generating elements of the website are up and running albeit with some display issues and the service sheets are in a jumble largely due to inconsistent numbering protocols.

Collector Club Membership status was not showing in all cases but this is reportedly a resolved issue now. It isn't in my case!

Not that it will help anything but the Hornby Moderators are as frustrated by the lack of forum service as anyone.

R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
dtb

Post by dtb »

Thanks Roger, that's helpful.

I was going to join the Collector Club but have decided to hold off until the dust settles.