Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
bulleidboy

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by bulleidboy »

I used to leave "purchases" in the spare wheel well of my car for sometime before they were smuggled into the house. :lol:
cadman

Post by cadman »

Bachmann NRM 'Evening Star' 9F.......nicely detailed. One of the easiest locos to fit a decoder. Thought I would try a Lais 8pin direct, must be a bargain at just £12. Their online decoder manual is very comprehensive........HB
Sorry I'm late but I couldn't get my flip-flops to work :roll:
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

Hi guys
I have at last invested in a Tidy Track wheel cleaner no more hand cleaning of loco wheels a bit at a time :)
So with new toy in hand off I goes to the railway room, bit chilli up top, but can't let a bit of winter weather stop the railway running eh what!
Having decided where the best place to site the unit I decided to start with my oldest '37, I thought the wheels were clean, but after running the loco on the cleaner at about half speed for 5 minutes the wheels were sparkling :)
When I put the '37 back on the main track and turned on the sound - WOW what a difference :D only 39 locos to go, that will keep me busy next week!
I should have invested in a wheel cleaner years ago.
Must mention the great service provided by that spares gentleman in Middlesbrough.
Forfarian aka Tim
Of course I talk to myself, I sometimes need expert advice!
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

That’s a nice loco Howard .
Nurse, the screens!
dtb

Post by dtb »

Forfarian wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:19 pm Hi guys
I have at last invested in a Tidy Track wheel cleaner no more hand cleaning of loco wheels a bit at a time :)
So with new toy in hand off I goes to the railway room, bit chilli up top, but can't let a bit of winter weather stop the railway running eh what!
Having decided where the best place to site the unit I decided to start with my oldest '37, I thought the wheels were clean, but after running the loco on the cleaner at about half speed for 5 minutes the wheels were sparkling :)
When I put the '37 back on the main track and turned on the sound - WOW what a difference :D only 39 locos to go, that will keep me busy next week!
I should have invested in a wheel cleaner years ago.
Must mention the great service provided by that spares gentleman in Middlesbrough.
I use a Peco brush and scrapy thing, will check this Tidy Track out as I have not come across this one before, cheers
dtb

Post by dtb »

cadman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:18 pm Bachmann NRM 'Evening Star' 9F.......nicely detailed. One of the easiest locos to fit a decoder. Thought I would try a Lais 8pin direct, must be a bargain at just £12. Their online decoder manual is very comprehensive........HB
yep, very nice H

i have one but don't think it's the NRM edition, will dig it out from one of the many storage box's and check.
platelayer

Post by platelayer »

Walkingthedog wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:12 pm Think it’s just the models reference ident. IOS-HCF. IO could be IxiOn. HC Hudswell Clark etc.
I have received an e-mail from the director of Ixion Models in Australia.

Hi Graham,
It’s our code for the model in the box.

1. The first part is Maker/scale/loco type. So your model is Ixion / O gauge / Steam (thus IOS).
2. The second part is Prototype/Appearance. Your model is a Hudswell Clarke (HC) and the colour/livery in this case is Forest Green (F): thus HCF.

Where we are doing a mainline prototype, the loco number is used in the model code for identification. So a model from our current range of NSW Government Railways C32 Class 4-6-0 steam locomotives in HO scale - say, of the class leader number 3201 - has a code of IHS-3201.

Hope that answers your question!
Kind regards,
Lindsay O’Reilly
Director,
Ixion Model Railways.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Oh well I was almost correct. Good to get a quick reply.
Nurse, the screens!
platelayer

Post by platelayer »

Walkingthedog wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:36 am Oh well I was almost correct. Good to get a quick reply.
Closer than me! :?
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Walkingthedog wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:06 pm That’s a nice loco Howard .
A very nice loco Howard. I was tempted the other day when Rails of Sheffield had a Locomotion NRM version on limited offer - (they had very few). I do have a Hornby version - which I think was a Ltd Edn. but is basically upmarket Railroad. I have put in an order for the new Hornby version, due out later this year. It's a bit like Mallard and Flying Scotsman - you just have to have one in your collection. :roll: