OO GAUGE LAYOUT FOR SALE

Sell your Model Railway items here.
NOTE: You must have at least ten meaningful other posts in various forum topics before you can sell items. Links to off forum site sales are not permitted.
andy757

OO GAUGE LAYOUT FOR SALE

Post by andy757 »

For sale - my OO gauge layout - search this forum for "Four Bridges" to get acquainted !

Firstly, I hope all readers are keeping safe and well.

COVID-19 has taken it's toll on me. Health wise, me and the wife are fine and (so far) not caught it thankfully but, I just have no time to spend on the layout due to work commitments so have decided to allow someone else an opportunity to take it off my hands and let them get enjoyment from it.

Basically, if anyone has a large van (Luton body) or large flat bed trailer, the layout can go to it's new owner for £100.00. Yes £100.00.

The "sale" excludes rolling stock but I have a list of locos that can be bought separately and prices negotiated.

The reason for the "£100.00 fee" is simple. Most if not all people have been affected by the pandemic and most hit financially so if the layout can give someone some pleasure, then all the better. The £100.00 payable in advance simply gives me peace of mind that whoever pays, will be committed to taking the layout off my hands. I had considered letting it go for free but I suspect I would have several people tell me they will come and collect but not turn up. The £100.00 is more a guarantee for my own purposes.

It will need to be dismantled so whoever comes, will need to spend a little time dismantling with me. The layout does come in 5 sections bolted together but to be honest, it could be moved and transported in 3. One large section of 15ft x 3ft and two sections each of 5ft x 4ft. Wiring may need a little TLC once in it's new home, but it won't be difficult to set up again.

The layout is very much a work in progress project anyway and not finished by any means.

It is a large layout with 2 helix but if someone wants to adapt it to their preferred sizing, that's up to them.

Located in South Lincolnshire. New owner to arrange their own transport and collection at their own cost and I am aware of the travel restrictions currently imposed so if we need to wait for collection, so be it. Payment of the £100.00 though will ensure the layout is held for a maximum of 6 weeks. If after 6 weeks the layout has not been collected, I reserve the right to sell to someone else. Though unlikely to happen in reality because the seller and I will no doubt agree a plan.

Remember, the locos can be bought separately if required.

Message me any questions.

Thanks.
Last edited by andy757 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Bones

Re: OO GAUGE LAYOUT FOR SALE

Post by Mr Bones »

Seems such a pity after all the hard work you've put into it.
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
Chops

Post by Chops »

Rotten luck. Quite a model rail empire.
Stese

Post by Stese »

i'm sorely tempted by this... just investigating the logistics.
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
andy757

Post by andy757 »

Yes logistically a pain potentially but with a little thought and planning, anything is possible.

A van can reverse right up to the workshop entrance so no long lifts involved.

I forgot to mention in the post, social distancing is no problem at the location. It's a very large workshop and of course masks can and should be worn.
IanS

Post by IanS »

The major issue is travelling more than a few miles to collect the 'essential' equipment. I understand your 6 weeks and it'll be back up for sale, but that takes us into mid-March when we could still be in movement restricted lockdown.

Chester to Lincolnshire isn't just around the corner!
andy757

Post by andy757 »

I said I reserve the right to sell to someone else after 6 weeks. That doesn't mean I will.

If someone pays me the £100 and doesn't collect inside the 6 weeks, the chances are that between me and the buyer we will come to some arrangement.
Stese

Post by Stese »

yes... the distance is part of my issue... i'll have to pass for now, as I'm simply not able to sort it out my end. ( I've no where to put it all currently, for starters!)

if my situation changes, and its not already gone, i'll send you a message!
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
andy757

Post by andy757 »

Keep in touch. As I said, it does break down into sections and could actually be adapted for end to end running. Long I know at 15ft but for some people, it might work for them.
andy757

Post by andy757 »

Loco list as follows as of today 07FEB21.