Diesels at Crown Point.

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
glencairn

Re: Diesels at Crown Point.

Post by glencairn »

Chops wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:37 amTerrific stuff.
Thanks, Chops.

I have been busy around the house today, so no trains were run.
Here are a couple of old pictures from a previous running session.

A Dewsbury Market Place bound DMU waits at the signal to allow a Class 121 bound for Leeds Central to clear the junction.
IMG_5218.JPG
The Class 121 has arrived at Leeds Sovereign Street Station. Class 25 25237 passes on its way to Crown Point Yard.
IMG_5219.JPG
Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
Chops

Post by Chops »

What's old is new. It just gets better. Really captures a mood, a time, a place.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Chops wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:04 am What's old is new. It just gets better. Really captures a mood, a time, a place.

Thanks once again for your comments, Chops.

I try to have a number of small scenes of life, life I saw and not what I think I saw. A group of scenes that has a railway running through it. A railway that is not the important part of the scene. How many times we can hear a train, know it is there, but cannot see it.

Keeping the magic and enjoyment when running trains. The trains I run have to have a reason to be on the line. They must have a start point and destination; no matter whether it is a passenger, container or freight train. The 'humble two carriage local' is as important (if not more) as a 12 or 14 carriage express.

I have a core timetable of local trains that used the lines. To add variety I have the running of 'diverted trains'. Those trains are the proper trains that would use the 'main line' and would be diverted because of engineering work etc.

Then there is the running of 'Steam Specials'. I have six steam locomotives that 'travel the line' when I feel like it.

On my layout I have 55 locomotives. (Too many says Mrs G, and probably right.) To be able to run them all I have a small locomotive yard, Crown Point Yard.

In real life it was a refuelling yard for locomotives using Balm Road Quarry Sidings, and Stourton Container Yard

On the layout locomotives from Leeds Central Station also use the yard, giving more reason to run my collection. Therefore the scene at Crown Point is always changing.

Overall it is a railway that runs through scenery and is fun to operate. I aim to keep it that way.

Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

New yellow palletmaster and pallets in use.
IMG_5229.JPG

Class 47 47593 Galloway Princess with a train of cattle wagons.
IMG_5227.JPG

Class 26 26016 with a York to Leeds Central local passenger train
IMG_5220 (2).JPG

Glencairn
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

...... My it's all go at Crown Point this week !.......good stuff Glencairn - thanks for sharing.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Hound Dog wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:29 pm ...... My it's all go at Crown Point this week !.......good stuff Glencairn - thanks for sharing.
Glad you like it HD. I gave the layout a 'spring clean and freshened things up a little.
Now I just run trains. :D

A picture of Class 47 47423 Sceptre with the twice weekly oil train to Immingham
IMG_5236.JPG
Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Scenes from the last running session.

D1013 Western Ranger passing the signal box for Crown Point Yard.
IMG_5238.JPG

Class 47 47517 Andrew Carnegie on its way to Crown Point Yard. Matt Summers watches. He'll never get his garden tidy.
IMG_5239.JPG
Glencairn
Chops

Post by Chops »

The Winter and Harwood foreman appears to be sending someone back to work. The dog seems to approve. Are you sure it’s not Matt? Ran over me own toes with that pallet master. Hopefully, you shall do better. Looked for, but couldna’ find Matt. Are you sure he’s not at the pub tipping a few?
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

I'm the best for the worst ! :twisted:
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Chops wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:46 am The Winter and Harwood foreman appears to be sending someone back to work. The dog seems to approve. Are you sure it’s not Matt? Ran over me own toes with that pallet master. Hopefully, you shall do better. Looked for, but couldna’ find Matt. Are you sure he’s not at the pub tipping a few?
I bought two palletmasters to see what they are like. (I did not order the number I really wanted to find they were no good.) Quite the opposite. I have ordered more; plus other items -- ttps://www.westhillwagonworks.co.uk/

Once everything arrives i can put people etc. in the correct places.

As for Matt Summers, He is on the left in a white shirt. You can see him him better in pictures number 199.
Chris57 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 pm Image
Thanks for the confidence boost, Chris57. Glad you like the layout.

Glencairn