Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Paul Palmer

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by Paul Palmer »

Itch45 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:30 pm I have the set in question, runs well no problems, really nice model if you like modern image. The decoder for the dummy car can be a cheap one as it only controls the lights. All coaches in the set have lighting. Length it is the same length as a HST set with four mk3 coaches, if this helps
Any update Itch,on the running of this loco,i take it no derailing issues? any feedback would be great Itch
Itch45

Post by Itch45 »

[/quote]
Any update Itch,on the running of this loco,i take it no derailing issues? any feedback would be great Itch
[/quote]

I only ran it for a short while as my layout was dismantled a couple of months ago pending house sale. House now sold and awaiting all paperwork to be completed before the move from Birmingham to Mid Wales. Hopefully will have a train room larger than the previous one. With regards to the model, it ran perfectly with no derails in either direction.
Maybe some time before i run any trains again.
Mr Bones

Post by Mr Bones »

Courtesy of an excellent purveyor of fine Dapol products I am now the proud owner of a Class 122 Gloucester RCW "Bubblecar" at a great price. And I have to say I love it. Great detail and an excellent runner straight from the box.

Thank you Brian :D
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!
footplate1947

Post by footplate1947 »

Malcolm 0-6-0 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:53 am Just received this lovely bran new Bachmann GWR Type 64xx 0-6-0PT. Runs beautifully and was 25% off the usual price out here. Just a lucky buy on EBAY is all I can say.

GWR Type 64xx 0-6-0PT 1.JPG
Hello Malcolm......Nice Pannier but one question. I have never seen one which has been lined before except for the London Transport ones used for maintenance work and taking rubbish to the tip. I am interested if you can confirm if some did have lining.
If only there was enough hours in the day..................John
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I have that model John.

The following real locos had lined green livery. 6400, 6403, 6406, 6412, 6413, 6415, 6416, 6418, 6419, 6420, 6421, 6430, 6431 and 6437. Might have been others.

London Transport had the slightly larger 57XX.
Nurse, the screens!
footplate1947

Post by footplate1947 »

Cheer Brian where did you find all that info. I dont know how many 57xx locos LT had but my school in Woodford Green was next to the above ground part of the Central Line and every morning we used to see the LT steam loco pass the school about 10am. That was late 50s.
If only there was enough hours in the day..................John
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

LT had 19. All this info is in my head also known as Google. :D
Nurse, the screens!
Paul Palmer

Post by Paul Palmer »

Itch45 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:29 pm
[/quote]

I only ran it for a short while as my layout was dismantled a couple of months ago pending house sale. House now sold and awaiting all paperwork to be completed before the move from Birmingham to Mid Wales. Hopefully will have a train room larger than the previous one. With regards to the model, it ran perfectly with no derails in either direction.
Maybe some time before i run any trains again.
[/quote]
Thanks John,hope you are up and running soon
Malcolm 0-6-0

Post by Malcolm 0-6-0 »

footplate1947 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:08 pm
Malcolm 0-6-0 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:53 am Just received this lovely bran new Bachmann GWR Type 64xx 0-6-0PT. Runs beautifully and was 25% off the usual price out here. Just a lucky buy on EBAY is all I can say.

GWR Type 64xx 0-6-0PT 1.JPG
Hello Malcolm......Nice Pannier but one question. I have never seen one which has been lined before except for the London Transport ones used for maintenance work and taking rubbish to the tip. I am interested if you can confirm if some did have lining.
This is a type 64XX which while similar in appearance to the type 57xx is actually a smaller beast. It sort of supports the cliche that all GWR locomotives look the same.
Chops

Post by Chops »

Got this one out of Canada. Always a gamble on these vintage pieces, but this charming Triang stuttered to life and soon ran like a charm.