The Shankly and Gdynia Railway

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
IanAlan

Re: The Shankly and Gdynia Railway

Post by IanAlan »

Here are some more photos from a month ago.

Train in Landscape

Looking towards Paisley Tunnel

Flying Scotsman, Shankly
Chops

Post by Chops »

Well, here's to another 100K. I think I might be up to ten. Views. Always a great look.
Four mains. Unheard of in NA on a 4x8. Will bear in mind to avoid "Y,s." I have enough
trouble with heat kinks. Seems like every time I run some neglected stock, I have to
pull up and re-lay some track that got warped; whilst the others would accommodate
the wobble, some other locomotive would not like it. Still, even though a Texan by
transplant (Army), I much prefer the British range.

Maybe by next year I will venture out to the UK. Had a friend who tried to fly to
Tel Aviv, but found that he would be required to be tested at the embassy in NYC,
tested again on arrival in Tel Aviv, plus endure a 14 day quarantine, even though he
has been shot up. So, he stayed in NYC enjoying the sights and family there.

Myself, having been there more than a few times, I have no desire whatever to go there
again. It is really a collection grubby high rise shanties, and all the denizens have to work two jobs to live in a flat the size of a walk in closet. I think London would be much more interesting.
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Hi Chops,
Yes, you've probably had a million views - I seem to remember that you were on the old forum before October 2018 - but it's probably hard to count as you usually start a new thread for each video that you post. Keep up the good work and maybe you'll reach two million. When you said about the grubby high rise shanties, were you referring to NYC? New York is a great place to visit, but It's not a place I'd want to live either.

Like many regular contributors to MRF, I've been very busy making use of the summer months, so I haven't managed much on the layout recently, just a little painting of figures and scenic features. Here are some old photos from June.

Flying Scotsman at Shankly Gerrard Street

Gone Fishing (Again)

Shankly GB Railfreight

I think that there is a definite Glencairn influence in that last picture.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

There is always lots of activity on the Shankly and Gdynia railway. :)
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Hi BB,
I'm glad that you approve of my busy photos although as I said in my last post, I haven't run any trains for two or three weeks, so I've been uploading photos from June or July.

Modern Freight

How Much Wood Would a Wood Chuck...?

Silver Sky
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

At last I have some new photos. These feature my latest acquisition - a Network Southeast coach. It was very appropriately chosen - for my birthday - as I'm from the South East. Essex to be precise. Thanks Kevin. So here is its inaugural run behind the Class 73 loco.

I think that it was a little shy in the fourth photo and hid behind a pine tree. :lol:
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Nice pictures Ian.
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Thank you again BB. I hadn't planned to upload seven photos of essentially the same thing, but I couldn't decide which to delete!

Stepping back in time a little again...

Farms and Cars

Cows and Trees

Car Transporter

Woman with Bouquet
IanAlan

Post by IanAlan »

Hi Everyone,
I've mentioned that I've been doing a little work on some figures and scenic features, and I've finally got these onto the layout.

Hi-vis Yellow

Dayglo

Donkey Jackets

I dare say that most viewers will recognise the Dapol workmen, but you might think that sometime has changed. You'd be right. I've customised some of them with hard hats to fit the more contemporary look. In the most part this as worked well IMHO, but some of the figures that originally had cloth caps don't look quite right, so I might rework them. I've already removed the head gear completely from one leaving him bare-headed.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Great pictures Ian . A good selection of track workers. I like the "team" in orange hi-viz overalls - to modern for my layout.