Steam Trains to Sovereign Street.

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Chops

Re: Steam Trains to Sovereign Street.

Post by Chops »

Crimmies, sweating nitrogylcerin, you say. How did you have the presence of mind to recognize this exceedingly volatile substance?
Puddles

Post by Puddles »

Chops wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:03 am Crimmies, sweating nitrogylcerin, you say. How did you have the presence of mind to recognize this exceedingly volatile substance?
When I first started working in the film industry I attended a training course at Kodak in Hertfordshire where we were educated about all the aspects of working with film, we were shown a film about the problems you could encounter with old nitrate material as it was so volatile and needed to be treated with kid gloves. At the time I never thought I would ever experience such a situation but thankfully when I did I had that little bit of knowledge from my early days of learning. Film is now well and truly dead and digital is king but the good thing with todays technology is that everyone can enjoy the pleasures of photography with instant results and no chance of getting blown up, every day I look forward see all the pictures and videos taken by the members on this forum as they are always very good and entertaining.

Apologies to you Glencairn for hi jacking your site and rambling on.

Puddles
It does not take me long to do five minutes work.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Putting the thread 'back on track'.

East Keswick at rest.
IMG_4883.JPG
'Huxtable' arriving at Clarence Dock Station. The platform was only a temporary one until the dock was built. Modellers licence has kept it open.
IMG_4927.JPG
The little skallywag is still getting a 'telling off'
IMG_4971.JPG

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

When the grandchildren visit clockwork locomotives are a thing of the past.

The goods train at Roseville Crossing.

IMG_5548.JPG

The Kirkstall & East Seacroft goods train waits patiently at the signal. It is a long wait as the grandchildren run diesels on the other circuit.
IMG_5551.JPG
Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Last day with the grandchildren. Whilst they go full throttle with the diesels three pictures at Clarence Dock.
IMG_5561.JPG
IMG_5564.JPG
IMG_5563.JPG
Glencairn
Chops

Post by Chops »

Grime to flowers. An array of contrasts. Nicely done. Huxtable resembles a battered iron pot. Much character.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Chops wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 am Grime to flowers. An array of contrasts. Nicely done. Huxtable resembles a battered iron pot. Much character.
The cab on Huxtable is a Hornby 'D Class' 0.4.0 locomotive cut back to give a older appearance

-----------------------------------------

Just before I went on holiday I ordered some 'Victorian' figures from Northumbrian Painting Services, Hexham. (No affiliation. Just a happy customer.)
They have arrived and are outside Roseville Station. Are they going somewhere? Maybe just returned? The car is a gift from my younger granddaughter.
IMG_5569.JPG
Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Three scenes at Clarence Dock area

Clarence Dock Goods Yard. The building on the right was originally a 'wooden' one that I made for a diorama of 'Lybster' Station (Near Wick, Caithness, Scotland). It has now been made into a 'brick' building. The little platform is also from 'Lybster'. The real platform at Clarence Dock was a temporary affair and lasted less than a year. Modellers licence keeps it open.
IMG_5571.JPG

The coal barge is arriving at Clarence Dock. The Glencairn wagon is a long way from 'home'. Glencairn is near Lybster. :)
IMG_5572 (2).JPG

The signal box controls the entrance to Clarence Dock and goods yard. The line to the front is part of the circuit and goes to Leeds Sovereign Street and beyond.
IMG_5573.JPG
Glencairn
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Great pictures as usual - where are the two people on the quayside going (picture 2)?
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

bulleidboy wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:00 pm Great pictures as usual - where are the two people on the quayside going (picture 2)?
Thanks for your kind comment BB.

The two people 'say' they have been to the Star & Garter Inn and are watching what is happening.

The real Star & Garter Inn is/was in the centre of Leeds. A place I have had a drink in (a few times when I was much younger).

A picture of the Inn fits in (imo) with the scene I wish to portray. Here it is at the end of the dock.
IMG_5237.JPG

Glencairn