Unclipping Lima coach

Post here items relating to other model railway manufacturers.
Midland Pullman

Unclipping Lima coach

Post by Midland Pullman »

I’m thinking of putting lights in some Lima mk3 coaches
I can normally undo coaches no problem but these seem very complicated and I don’t want to break them. Any ideas?
I’ve managed to take off the end clips but the chassis doesn’t budge
Thanks in advance
Mountain Goat

Re: Unclipping Lima coach

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ooh. Not sure about the Mk3's with Lima. Hopefully someone will see this and be able to answer. I have opened up the older Hornby examples in the past but they will be different.

I know the Mk1's with Lima... Their roofs are part of the glazing structure and their bodies are part of theupper frame of the chassis if I recall correctly, but I can't comment with the Mk3's as I have never opened a Lima example. I bought the Hornby versions because being shorter, they were easier to fit on my layout.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
hblmadt

Post by hblmadt »

Mk3's from the maker lima prise ends off the corridors, then from the sides the door window push in the window and move along until they all come out and can try also a old credit card between the side and roof and push slightly and also slivers of card aswell along the side between the side and roof and put along the length
Midland Pullman

Post by Midland Pullman »

Thanks for that
Coach ends come off easily tried the rest you suggested but it didn’t work with every chance to break them. Taking the ends off didn’t achieve much. The roof seems to be part of the windows section.
I’m not sure how often I would need to change the battery and potentially break something so i think I’ll fit the lights elsewhere. I’m thinking sleeping cars would be a good idea.
Thanks again
Roger