Suitable decoder for Bachmann class 08

Post here items relating to Bachmann. Including all their subsidiary makes.
Mountain Goat

Re: Suitable decoder for Bachmann class 08

Post by Mountain Goat »

The Lenz LE077XF should fit. Its dimentions are L 0.53" x W 0.39" x H 0.14" which is pretty small.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

The TCS DP2X-UK having rocketed in price in the last few years is now available direct from their new UK outlet at £21 (+ postage) for the basic version
https://uk.tcsdcc.com/dp2x-uk-ka/
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

I have taken another look at the situation and there is no way the Zimo MX600R will fit.

So I have ordered a DP2X-UK-KA from TCS. So if it doesn't fit Mr Parkes owes me twenty five quid! ;)
Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

The DP2X-UK is hardly any bigger than the blanking plug - its the one decoder that will fit a Hornby M7 without having to remove any weights although it does need in that case to be put in the wrong way round to get the body to fit back on - not an issue unless lights are also going to be fitted but does need in that instance CV29 tweaking to correct the direction. When they were cheaper I used them as a standard decoder where Lenz Standards were too big and subsequently swopped some into new locos needing such a small direct fit when other decoders of lesser size than a Lenz Standard were too big.
Last edited by Mike Parkes on Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkscot

Post by darkscot »

Well the the TCS decoder has arrived and duly fitted. It is quite a bit smaller than the Zimo and I will certainly consider it for future applications. Having the keep alive option is a bonus, but I don't actually think there is space in the 08 for a keep alive.

Modelling post war LMS. DCC control via Roco z21 & multiMAUS