Modeling with a chainsaw.

Your place to show and describe in detail and with photos how you produced a specific item of modelling. Rolling stock, Building or something related.
Journeyman

Modeling with a chainsaw.

Post by Journeyman »

Thinking about gathering up stuff for scenery, heard mention of tree moss and lichen being useful?
Could see some at the top of my two Ash Trees but I’m to ancient to climb that high.
Garden 052.jpg
So got out my old chain saw, (I’ve owned it 30 years and it was old when I bought it) and felled the two trees.
Garden 066.jpg
Now have a box of Lichen and moss, though the moss is already starting to lose it’s very bright green.
Garden 110.jpg
How do you use this stuff?

:) Dave.
Tricky Dicky

Re: Modeling with a chainsaw.

Post by Tricky Dicky »

Would it not have been environmentally friendly to simply have gone to the model shop and bought a load, or did you want rid of the trees anyway :D

Richard
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Looks like the trees have ash die back. I’m afraid they need to be chopped down and eventually burnt.

All these have it and will have to come down and there are plenty more.

Nurse, the screens!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Is that your back garden Brian - or your "field"? It looks very neat and tidy.

We have the trees surgeons coming in next Tuesday to remove some dead wood from our three Limes - you don't need planning permission to remove dead wood from trees with TPO's on them, which our one's do. They are about a hundred feet high, so will be fun watching someone going up the trees.
We obviously had to wait for all the leaves to come off - I can get six of those large green gardening bags into my car - it took about eight trips to the waste tip - we like leaves :roll:

ImageIMG_0984 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Tiny part of our fields Barry. We spend a lot of our spare time working in them, well when I say working I mean chatting to ladies walking their dogs.
They are impressive lime trees. I love watching the professionals swing about in the trees on ropes. Rather them than me.
Nurse, the screens!
Journeyman

Post by Journeyman »

Hi Richard, as Walkingthedog said they have “Ash Die Back” , consequently I got a rather menacing letter from the council people saying the trees were endangering the Highway and if I did not make them safe they would and then recover the cost from me!!
As you can see in the photo the trees ware overhanging the electric wires and the neighbours house. It was easier to fell the trees in one piece and then deal with them on the ground.
Have started planting new trees in another hedge away from the road.

Any tips on using the Lichen?

Dave.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I don't think he's modelling, but he has his chainsaw with him! Rather him than me. The tree surgeons are in this morning to remove "dead wood" on all three trees.

ImageIMG_1097 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr