Track / High spot.

Help with designing your track work
Calixte

Track / High spot.

Post by Calixte »

"Hi" I have laid all my track on cork and all is well from jus one section joining one of my level crossings it is sitting a little high, have checked to make sure rail is fitted correct and all is well, Question is what can be done at this late stage as track has been fixed down and gravel laded, can the joint be soldiered and file to remove the the high spot or what ? :oops:
bulleidboy

Re: Track / High spot.

Post by bulleidboy »

If you have mounted your track on cork - I'll assume 2mm (ish), can you not place a sheet under your level crossing?
This will bring the level crossing track up to the same level as the track it will join on to. Best not to solder or file track. It will be easier to adjust the height of the roadway from the level crossing if the crossing is slightly higher.
Calixte

Post by Calixte »

Thanks for the advice but we have tried this and the problem we have is that it is only one side of the track which has the high spot and its all fixed down now, could re-lift it but that will be a bit of a pain, was hoping to find a quick / easy route to the problem. :(
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

Posting a picture is worth a 100 words.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Calixte wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:11 am Thanks for the advice but we have tried this and the problem we have is that it is only one side of the track which has the high spot and its all fixed down now, could re-lift it but that will be a bit of a pain, was hoping to find a quick / easy route to the problem. :(
There are very few ‘quick or easy’ solutions for this. Lift the track and start again and give it a good test before ballasting.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
Bandit Mick

Post by Bandit Mick »

Think I’d go with Steve on this one otherwise poor running will always frustrate you.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Yes lift the track and start again.
Nurse, the screens!