HO micro layout

Help with designing your track work
Dee Jay

HO micro layout

Post by Dee Jay »

I’m planning due to space and health constraints a micro layout on a 3’ x 3’6” board. The layout I’ve come up with is this:

It’s similar to a n gauge layout called “Littleton Curve”. Littleton Curve uses the single track section as a scenic section and the double track section a a “fiddle yard”. I’m thinking reversing this so the double track half the layout is a railway station and the single track is just somewhere for the trains to run. Only the station area would be scenic.

The setting would be 1950’s Bavaria where the old Royal Bavarian Railways stock is still running 50 or so years after it was built.

Any thoughts or comments would be very welcome.
Chops

Re: HO micro layout

Post by Chops »

Most unique and charming assemblage. I do hope your health is on the mend.
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

Many thanks Chops.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Very nice and a great idea if you already have the rolling stock. years ago I remember seeing a similar layout in OO of a rural station on the Southern Railway with excellent scenic effects.
Jsa274

Post by Jsa274 »

As I plod on through the mountain of work on my own fairly complex layout, it is nice to read about a straightforward layout design like this - looking forward to see how this progresses.
Dee Jay

Post by Dee Jay »

Thanks all for the comments. I need to keep it simple, but I suspect that it’ll be the scenery that’ll make or break it.

I’ve been watching quite a few YouTube videos of scenery building to get some ideas.

I’ll keep you all updated on progress although even with a small and simple design it’ll take me ages.