D.C. Cab control with PWM

Englishbob

D.C. Cab control with PWM

Post by Englishbob »

If I "bus" a single oscillator between three cabs I would expect to be able to get a clean hand-over. Is there anything wrong with that idea? I am working on home-made controllers, so I have access to the internal jiggery-pokery :D 9.5m end-to-end so no problems with propagation delay, but I may need to buffer the logic...or use a line-driver. There may be a commercial solution to this so If anyone can "point me" it would save some time/effort! :) I will think about the reverse-polarity problem,...tomorrow :? Surely the outputs will be aggregated, with suitable protection for the output-devices :twisted:
I know engineers, they LOVE to change things!
Mountain Goat

Re: D.C. Cab control with PWM

Post by Mountain Goat »

Sounds interesting, though I am lost with some of the technicalities. You are after that ultimate DC waveform that gives the best in motorized control I assume?

I will leave other more knowledgable people to answer as it is an area I only know theories about so I will watch with interest but let others chat with you, as there are a few very knowledgable people who will no doubt enjoy your proposed venture.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Viscount

Re: D.C. Cab control with PWM

Post by Viscount »

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you are asking but suggest that this might be of interest. Google for Pololu MC33926.I have developed my own PWM using Arduino Nano processors and use the MC33926 to buffer between the Nano and the track. Hope this is of some help. Happy to answer in more detail about my setup but would advise that I am a single operator generally albeit I have 2 control positions but usually stop operations when moving position.