Hiprecy Leo 3D Printer

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
yelrow

Hiprecy Leo 3D Printer

Post by yelrow »

hi, i know nothing about 3 D printers. Does anyone have this one, and if so, is it simple to use. thanks. john
Stese

Re: Hiprecy Leo 3D Printer

Post by Stese »

Hi,

Not a printer i'd ever heard of, but I've done a little research on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4tK-3jsSg - Here's a review for you.

From what i've learnt of this one, it looks like they've take a Prusa i3 Style design, and then reworked it to remove the need for a lot of the user calibration that you find on many FDM Printers. This will help you get printing as quickly as possible. If I didn't already have my (admittedly inferior) Ender 3 Pro, i'd consider this myself.

3d Printing, particularly FDM printers are as much of a hobby on their own as railways are, so please be aware of this. You'll have print failures, you'll have a few dodgy prints etc, but you'll get it tuned and and you'll be putting your own creations on your layout in no time!

<Edit>

P.s. I'd be interested to see where you were looking to purchase one of these from, as it seems to be unavailable everywhere I've looked!
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
yelrow

Re: Hiprecy Leo 3D Printer

Post by yelrow »

Hi, thanks. It’s for sale here in Secondhand dept of Lecleric, big hyper market. Has 12 months warranty and is 250 euros, about £225. Will take a second look. John