Super Quick for the Super Dumb

Your place to show and describe in detail and with photos how you produced a specific item of modelling. Rolling stock, Building or something related.
Chops

Re: Super Quick for the Super Dumb

Post by Chops »

Wow! I'd no idea, thanks for the insider information. I've worked it out to the last few bits, and it certainly has been an interesting medium to work with. This is something almost unheard of in North America.
Chops

Post by Chops »

Well, finally completed it. I managed to actually get some of the glue upon the cardstock, which was a great success for me. A few strips and bits left over, but heck, no one will know. It is on the back stretch, so the worst of my commissions will not be visible to the casual observer.
teedoubleudee

Post by teedoubleudee »

Well that must be a record - 11 months to build a card kit LOL. Well done Chops, we all had faith in you.
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Chops wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:53 pm Well, finally completed it. I managed to actually get some of the glue upon the cardstock, which was a great success for me. A few strips and bits left over, but heck, no one will know. It is on the back stretch, so the worst of my commissions will not be visible to the casual observer.
All you need now is some lovely Brian Sheriff backscenes to go with them and all sorted!
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

teedoubleudee wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:57 pm Well that must be a record - 11 months to build a card kit LOL. Well done Chops, we all had faith in you.
I have to confess that I've had a Scalescenes fishing boat kit under construction on and off ( more off than on to be honest) for over a year!

I find Scalescenes much more difficult than Metcalfe kits, but that probably says more about my (lack of) modelling skills than anything else.

I can't offer any help with your Superquick kit as I've never tried to build one.
Good luck anyway!
Chops

Post by Chops »

No less, I am impressed at the level of detail and general intricacy of these card stock kits. They are generally unheard of here in the States.