Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Walkingthedog

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by Walkingthedog »

Could well get that way Sandy.
Nurse, the screens!
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Managed to get to the Hornby factory sale this morning and picked up a couple of L&NWR coaches and a B2 Peckett. The only downside was the rather selfish individual who tried to move me out of his way by tugging on my sling containing my broken elbow.
Strange, I’m still waiting for an answer to the question “do you think I’m wearing this for an effing laugh?” :?

Also had some more 3D printed items arrive in the post to add to my ‘to do’ box.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

They banned me from using my petrol Husqvarna chainsaw, so i ordered a electric one :) They are not amused.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

brian1951 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 pm They banned me from using my petrol Husqvarna chainsaw, so i ordered a electric one :) They are not amused.
I feel your pain - the family has been on my case without respite since last Monday. Son was rather forthright in his opinions when he found out I went back to work on Thursday. I had to explain that 99% of the time all I did was stand at the front of the shop looking sexy. Well someone’s got to do it. ;)
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

My case is lasting a lot longer im sorry to say, did your Red Cross parcel arrive ok.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

brian1951 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:02 am My case is lasting a lot longer im sorry to say, did your Red Cross parcel arrive ok.
Yes Brian, thank you.
I’ve not had a proper look as yet and will need to catalogue the parts so they can be easily retrieved if anyone on here needs them for repairs or detailing.
As for my injuries, let’s just say there is a distinct lack of sympathy in this house!
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I found this carriage at almost half-price at The Loco Shop in Fleet (I discovered a new railway model shop!) - I don't think it was ever available with lights? Another job for the list :(

ImageIMG_1485 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Over the last 18 months or so I’ve picked up six of the 4&6 wheel coaches - two each of GNR, L&NWR, and BR. In each case they are pairs ie a brake and a 1st or 3rd passenger so the make for a variety of nice short trains.
And all ‘found’ at the Hornby factory sale at half price.
I’m quite taken by them.
sandy

Post by sandy »

You are lucky living near enough to the Hornby sales Steve. I got 4 NB 6 wheelers with lights for £26 each from a model shop back in December.
Sandy
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

sandy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:30 pm You are lucky living near enough to the Hornby sales Steve. I got 4 NB 6 wheelers with lights for £26 each from a model shop back in December.
The memsahib doesn’t think its lucky. ;)