Wiring double slip

sandy

Wiring double slip

Post by sandy »

Have wired up double slip as per the wiring diagram from Peco but slip is still dead. What have I missed. This is DC layout shared between two controllers. Please ignore the red line.
Sandy
Brian

Re: Wiring double slip

Post by Brian »

To elaborate a bit more....If the DS is the SL-90 Insulated frog slip then....
Where only one DC controller controls all moves through the slip, then nothing needs to be done. Just fit metal rail joiners to all exit rails (Also applies for DCC too).

Where the slip has exits to tracks that are on different DC controllers, then additional work is needed such as adding IRJs to all eight exit rails and selecting which DC controller feeds the slips outer stock rails by some switching means. Thereby connecting the appropriate DC controller to the slips outer pair of stock rails. The switching can be via a DPDT toggle switch or even a point motor operated DPDT switch fitted on a point leading into the DS.
When using a Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT) toggle switch it will have six terminals. Controller 1 "Track" output connects to the one ends pair of terminals on the switch. Controller 2 "Track" output connects to the same switch other end pair of terminals. The middle pair of terminals on the switch will have a wire on each terminal that goes directly to the DS outer curved Stock rails. Moving the switch one way selects controller 1 to feed the slips rails and the other way allows controller 2 to feed the slips rails. You of course have to ensure you're selecting the correct controller for the move through the slip. :D
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
sandy

Post by sandy »

It is a crossing on a double track main line
Have followed the peco wiring plan which seems to be the same as your instructions.
Have labels on all the wires so I know which one is which. May be I have a wire on wrong terminal somewhere. Will double cheque. All rails have insulated fish plates as per the Peco instructions. Hope I can get up after getting under again. :)
The PL 22 switch shown in the Peco diagram I have not done because that section is already wired.
Sandy
sandy

Post by sandy »

Thanks Brian for your help. I confused myself because I have used a common return back to both controllers to save wiring. Have sorted it out now. Thank you.
Sandy