location Burgandy France

Where can I keep my model railway?
yelrow

location Burgandy France

Post by yelrow »

Mine is upstairs, in old Games room, that i built having converted old Barn, and lowered ceiling. Room is about 20x12 foot, and layout sits on Converted Table Tennis Table, now, 9x5. It is 3 tier. 00, on lower tier, DCC, on middle tier, and N gauge, and 3 Rail on top tier. some 19 circuits in all. In addition, i run 3 circuits around the walls, via a hinged section, giving a long run of 64 foot. At present 2 circuits are 00, and one N gauge. At far corner, one circuit joins a helix, down to sidings, via a point. Under this, alongside control, is a new N gauge shunting Layout, bought here in france, part built, by previous owner. Very electrically demanding, for my simple brain, as all points, electrified, cross overs, etc, 2 inclines, allowing a run round road, mostly hidden by top tier. If i ever learn how to post a photo, it will be self evident. Underneath this, is Heathers little Z gauge layout. Because of our climate, (still 30) degrees, today, i last saw this room, in April. With nearly 3 Acres, summer needs my constant attention, plus far too hot in Games room. Will start opening up layouts, next week, and then, spend most of winter, Located up there. john
Chops

Re: location Burgandy France

Post by Chops »

Remarkable. Three acres, as well, in Burgandy. That is quite an accomplishment. I used to speech a passable version of French, but having relocated to the border of Mexico some decades ago, all my French has dissipated to nearly nothing, and replaced by a poor version of Spanish, which I never quite seem to fully understand(!) Riding upon the French rail system was a pleasure.