Broadoak

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
broadoak

Re: Broadoak

Post by broadoak »

With the train now in the main loop 4545 runs round its train and backs onto the front and couples up. Then having done a brake test the train sets off for the main line connection.

Peter M
Bandit Mick

Post by Bandit Mick »

Like the ‘bag’ on the water crane. Did you make it? If so, could you divulge your secret.
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Yes Mick I made out of masking tape then painted it with acrylics. The real bags were made of thickish leather that was flexible as well.

Kind regards Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A green small prairie no 5541 arrives at Broadoak with a train of mineral wagons loaded with road stone chippings from a large quarry at the top end of one of the branches off the branch to the main line connection. The brake van is pushed into the goods shed siding uncoupled and left there. The mineral wagons are pushed into the long coal staithes siding and coupled to an empty cattle wagon that is spotted there. This is pulled out and coupled to the brake van. The loaded wagons are then pushed into the siding for collection later when they will be joined with another small rake of wagons. These are then assembled into a larger train which will be taken to the main line connection by a larger more powerful loco.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

The small prairie then makes its way to the Midas Cement Co’s unloading facility and picks up two empty wagons. These are then propelled to the siding holding the empty cattle truck and brake van. The prairie couples up to them then pulls the whole rake of wagons into the main loop. Here she uncouples from the back of the wagons and runs round them to the front. She then backs onto the brake van and pushes it back in the loop past the other wagons and leaves it behind the wagons in the loop. She the run forward round the wagons and backs onto them and couples up. When the guard is happy with the train he gives the driver a green flag for him to set off for the main line with the small goods train.

Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

This BR standard Class 3 loco is a Mainline example that is was given in a rather sorry state. The motion had been painted in black rather to thoroughly as much of the paint was on the wheel treads. I managed to clean the treads and lubricate the loco and now after some running she performs quite well.
The photos show her taking water and having her coal trimmed by her fireman at Broadoak.

Peter M
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Nice looking loco.
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

Thanks BB she is rather nice isn't she.I like the smaller tender as well but still a bit big for my branch.
She could be on a running turn of course.

Kind regards Peter M
broadoak

Post by broadoak »

A few more pictures of my Mainline Class 3 Standard at Broadoak earning its keep on a small cement train.

Peter M