Hi Guys, back again after so many years

Just joined, say 'Hello' in here
DavidR

Hi Guys, back again after so many years

Post by DavidR »

Hi Guys,

Seem to have been kicked out and cannot find my old thread (Yojic), mind you it was in 2016! So, several years ago. I was embarking on building a layout but life just got in the way! Nonetheless, if you guys can remember it was in the loft. Took some advice from one of you guys regarding the electrics. I managed to spur off a socket in the office so there is now a ring main in the loft with 9 sockets (off course I had beefed up the trip in the box downstairs) The lighting is off the landing light, again, more advice was given and I managed to install a mains switch for all sockets in the lost just as you go through the loft hatch also a light switch. So, that bit is sorted.

You will have to bear with me as I will re start up in a few weeks time. However, I will dig up some progress that was done earlier on, just to refresh. First, I would like to ask, what section on the forum can I continue with the build and layout with work done on the workbench as I am now getting back into dcc (hard wiring and others) Yet, another learning curve, yes I did blow a few decoders back then and most were sound decoders :cry: But I did get a lot out of it. Also delving into CV's (I have a Lok programmer) Again, a dam learning curve losing a few sound files :cry: Still, you could say that I learnt the hard way :lol:

Any way, I would like to have suggestion for a name of the layout. It has a water fall at the end, with four bridges one at an upper level. I had in mind the name of "Kraggie Gorge cum Alesund". All suggestions welcome.

BR

Dave
Steve M

Re: Hi Guys, back again after so many years

Post by Steve M »

Member’s Layouts is where we put our build diaries David.
Welcome back.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hi David
Welcome to the forum.

The old forum of the same name was disbanded several years ago and at the time the hosting company could not transfer files from them to the current hosting company as the owner of the current site is a different person to the old site. So all items are lost!

Your two original username choices were checked in your applications and both those you chose to register with came back as a high risk ip address with 23 noted issues! But the ip address used for DavidR came back clear. Did you try originally from a work or other public place?

Anyway, we look forward to reading more about your layout build.
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
DavidR

Post by DavidR »

Hi Brian,

I tried several times to register with the nickname Yojic, but I do have one or two iPad, iphone and PC so that maybe why, as they all have a slightly different ip address but on the same network at home. Never mind. Pity though as I have lost all the photos of the baseboard build and the start of the layout. It is a mess in the loft at the moment. When I get time I will post a few photos to where I am at. I can remember I had to take some track up for tunnels and re arrange as it clashed with the upper level posts on bends where the bridges are. You will see what I mean when I upload the photos.

First though I am doing an inventory of all the locos and rolling stock I have, most if not all have sound decoders, some loksound V3.5 and most are V4 with a few soundtraxx, zimo, MTH, and one or two others. The MTH decoders take a bit of figuring out, but once you know how to use them on dcc they are very good. As you may know I am into all sorts of era , steam, diesel UK, European and US. So the layout will be a bit of a mix and why not 😄. Think I will design as I go, not based on anything specific. But as you may have noticed the name of the layout could be Kraggie Gorge cum Alesund. Incidentally Alesund is a beautiful town in Norway by the fjords. We will see.

Dave
DavidR

Post by DavidR »

Yes I did try to register elsewhere as I do a bit of travelling for work, again that may have been the problem🙈
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Welcome back David - look forward to seeing pictures of your layout.