Forum Move - Update

News and Announcements relating to the Forum
Stese

Forum Move - Update

Post by Stese »

Hi all!

From the data point of view, everything that the forum was, has now been moved to the new hosting and Email is now working from the board. Thanks for everyone's patience with this.

As I may have mentioned before, due to issues with previous domain name (ie modelrailwayforum.co.uk) transfers, I'm not the 'on paper' owner of the name as yet. Unfortunately, when Brian took over the forum in 2018, the transfer from the previous owner was not completed correctly. We have approached Nominet, the administrator of all .uk names, but it seems that due to the way the dispute service works, it is unlikely that we will be able to claim the name and have it transferred. The best option for us currently is to leave things the way they are now until the registration expires in 2024, and then I will re-register modelrailwayforum.co.uk under my own name.

I've got a few background tasks to sort out, such as to prune users who have never logged into their account, and a more regimented backup solution. (Not to say that what Brian has been doing until now is inadequate, far from it to be honest!)

Once done, I will start looking to the future of the forum... and will be making my ideas and thoughts known, and will welcome suggestions from members also!

Regards,

Steve D.
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
Walkingthedog

Re: Forum Move - Update

Post by Walkingthedog »

Well done Stese and Brian.

Stese will we need to send you a Fortnum and Mason Christmas Hamper every year to keep our membership as we did with Brian?
Nurse, the screens!
Stese

Post by Stese »

no... just hattons vouchers! lol

(i'm kidding!)
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
teedoubleudee

Post by teedoubleudee »

You look very young on your Avatar for being in charge of a web site :lol:
Most people are shocked when they find out how bad I am as an electrician