XpressNet, Lenz and JMRI

DCCDave

XpressNet, Lenz and JMRI

Post by DCCDave »

I am hopng that there are some members who are currently using Lenz's XpressNet system and also using JMRI.
As I said in my introductory message I have been using a ZTC system for several years now with mainly manual control of points but I now want to get rid of the fixed Control Panels that tie me down to one operating position and change over to the Lenz System to give me more flexability and to use Tablets instead of Fixed Control Panels so that I can move around the layout following the train on its journey.

I am looking to use the new Lenz system and am awaiting its delivery. In the mean time I have created a control panel using JMRI's Layout Editor and the Non Specific Internal commands and this works fine so I will look at recreating it as a Control Panel to put onto a Tablet. I intend to motorise the points using the Cobalt Digital motors and since the signals are in the steam era I will probably use servos to control the signals.

Not being familiar with XpressNet and how it handles Point and Signal control I could really do with some help and guidance here.

Dave
bulleidboy

Re: XpressNet, Lenz and JMRI

Post by bulleidboy »

Hi Dave - have you tried Googling YouTube Lenz, JMRI and Xpressnet - there is a lot of stuff on there - mainly from the US. BB
DCCDave

Post by DCCDave »

Hi BB,
Thank you for your reply. Been there! Done that! It makes my eyeballs water and brain ache but good reading - very soporific! I was just hoping to contact someone who has already been through all of the sequences and ask about their experiences.
Dave
Rog (RJ)

Post by Rog (RJ) »

Sorry, I have no knowledge of Lenz products. All their part numbers totally confuse me.
Ron S

Post by Ron S »

Ron

NCE DCC, 00 scale, very loosely based on GWR