A chance to join the TGG Group

RAF96

A chance to join the TGG Group

Post by RAF96 »

TGG is a layout operating system similar to Hornby Railmaster (RM). Experienced users of RM will have no trouble assimilating TGG.
Ray the application author will be posting a direct link to the TGG user manual here…
https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/i ... of-replies
…for anyone to have a look at that may be interested in joining a small closed group running the software. Group size will be capped to keep it manageable.
If after reviewing the manual anyone is interested in going ahead then message me from this forum or via my linked website contact page and I will put you in contact with Ray to get the software.
Brian

Re: A chance to join the TGG Group

Post by Brian »

TGG = ?? What is TGG and what do the three letters stand for?
Wikipedia says its - transformational-generative grammar (TGG) Dont think that applies to model railways somehow!
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Trains-a-GoGo which is a bit of a mouthful so it is known as TGG.
As stated it is a train operating system akin to and derived from Railmaster.
Brian

Post by Brian »

OMG Really ! Train a Go Go. Heavens!

As I understand it, it will only work this Hornby Elite or eLink. So only Hornby Elite or eLink DCC users can benefit from whatever it offers. Is that correct? If so, then to me it seems to be a waste of resources as many people use alternative systems than Hornby. Far better if it could be a universal control/detection system. i.e. used with JMRI etc.
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Brian wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:10 am OMG Really ! Train a Go Go. Heavens!

As I understand it, it will only work this Hornby Elite or eLink. So only Hornby Elite or eLink DCC users can benefit from whatever it offers. Is that correct? If so, then to me it seems to be a waste of resources as many people use alternative systems than Hornby. Far better if it could be a universal control/detection system. i.e. used with JMRI etc.
No more restrictive than Railmaster. When the link to the manual appears maybe have a read and see what it offers, as it is not just a detection system, it is an operating system that uses a detection system developed to work with it. It doesn’t need or use a comm port so it cannot be designated for use in most other systems.

Edit - this is a direct link to the manual download - https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhG7bX4H0NOtgZsZtA8 ... A?e=T30GZB