Train timetables

A place for real railway discussions.
nOexp33

Train timetables

Post by nOexp33 »

Because i live near a local branch line `we just get a passenger service with the odd one or two other trains running thro

Is there a website that tells me what is running thro my location and when
Mountain Goat

Re: Train timetables

Post by Mountain Goat »

Not sure. Sometimes some older train staff can remember train times.
Never forget asking one older guard about a fertilizer train I used to see passing my school in the 1970's to early '80's as I wanted to know how many of the 82T pallet vans would be in a train formation, and he not only told me how many, but where the train went from and where it went to, and even the exact train times and headcode all from memory as he worked them, and I asked him some 20-25 years after they last ran. Some older traincrew have excellent memories. Most had degrees to get the job, so the first thing I would try to find out is to ask in the area if anyone knows of retired or current older staff who may know.

There was also (Though not officially a publication that is not supposed to be in the posession of non-railway people) a publication known as a "Working timetable" which holds all the information on every "Booked" train that passes. BUT these publications are rarely ever seen outside of the railway due to their sensitive nature.

The first thing is which area is it and what era.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Stese

Post by Stese »

You can look here for 'current' information..

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/live-trains/

and you can get the railway company timetables from here..

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/travel-i ... imetables/

Hope this is helpful
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
nOexp33

Post by nOexp33 »

thanks for that info Stese
SouthforSunshine

Post by SouthforSunshine »

I know this is an old post but perhaps the information is still looked for. I suggest you look at a site called 'Real Time Trains' its fairly easy to use and might help your quest.