Bluebell Railway

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Steve M

Bluebell Railway

Post by Steve M »

It's been a while since we have visited the Bluebell Railway but popped down today to catch part of the launch event for the new build Atlantic 'Beachy Head'.

"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
Steve M

Re: Bluebell Railway

Post by Steve M »

https://youtu.be/cJJBEuF9CwA

If anyone is interested.
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

Always good to see your photos and nice steady videos. I'm intrigued as to how you managed the low shots - and spun the camera around - all perfectly still. R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

It's not really a secret - I have always tried to use a tripod or other support, but have recently started using this rig for a mobile phone.

Using both hands to hold it for 'freestyling' or it cannot be stood on the ground or attached to a 'Gorillapod' , as I did yesterday, to allow it to grip to a fence post or similar. It has a Bluetooth trigger and can be set up and just left alone while it's recording.

I can fix either a GoPro or a second phone to the rig so it is possible to take still photos and video at the same time (not tried this yet :shock: )

My only gripe is that the microphone seems to have caused some crackling on the audio - only noticeable on the quiet bits.

But the real secret is to edit out the wobbly bits. :D
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

Blimey, that's all very grown up. I've only just progressed to a nearby fence post - or similar. R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I thought is was a first class Youtube video. It didn't look as though there were too many people around to spoil the video.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

Lovely video Steve. Not many people there.
Nurse, the screens!
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

It was a fairly quiet day although there were quite a few travelling rather than just watching.
Barry, true about not many to get in the way although at one point there was a respectful crescent of photographers by one loco making sure they stayed out of each others way - then some guy walked up 'on a mission' and deliberately placed himself between the loco and the crescent, folded his arms and wouldn't shift.
I'd already got my picture so left him to his fate at the hands of the 'steam paparazzi'.
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Some great video there Steve M, many thanks I enjoyed that :D
Sir Archibald Sinclair was running with minimal clearance to the platform as well !

Why would someone just plonk himself in the way of the photographers :roll:

I have just booked next years Hols, which I strategically selected as I knew it was between 2 heritage railways, and after booking, I found a third is under an hours drive away, bonus :lol:
In October, We have a special day out booked on the Golden Arrow, which we are very much looking forward too.
yelrow

Post by yelrow »

Bit of sad news, Martin Miller, who ran Bluebell Line, for some time, died last week. He had moved on to another preserved line, and will be sadly missed. He was \sealink Manager Guernsey, when i was Marketing Manager for Sealink, Channel Islands Services.