RMS

Any news relating to modelling, events etc.
neil 60

RMS

Post by neil 60 »

Not shore if I'm in the right place , at the beginning of the year I paid £200 pre order of a class 08. I've sent off 3 emails and had no reply. Does anyone know are they still trading the phone line is now closed. Many thanks.
Walkingthedog

Re: RMS

Post by Walkingthedog »

Looks like they are still trading. Did you get a reply when you pre ordered.
Nurse, the screens!
neil 60

Post by neil 60 »

Its called the aircraft store , I've spoke to somone this morning and he said I would get my money back today. They are running there syock down and the web site will close soon !
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I was looking at RMS Railway Model Store.
Nurse, the screens!
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

What has RMS got to do with The aircraft store ?.
dtb

Post by dtb »

never pay anything for a pre order period!

Especially if it is on a site called aircraft store.

Quote 'What has RMS got to do with The aircraft store ?'

It is the same rip off site!!!
dtb

Post by dtb »

neil 60 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:38 pm Not shore if I'm in the right place , at the beginning of the year I paid £200 pre order of a class 08. I've sent off 3 emails and had no reply. Does anyone know are they still trading the phone line is now closed. Many thanks.
I sent an email to ask the question for you, NO ONE SHOULD BE RIPPED OFF for 200 quid regardless!!!!
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

As dtb says all decent retailers will not require any payment for preorders.
Nurse, the screens!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Walkingthedog wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:33 am As dtb says all decent retailers will not require any payment for preorders.
Is not always the case. About a year or two ago an autidtic gentleman and his carer were banned from a certain retailer and while I personally uncerstand things from both sides having both worked in retail for many years in the past, and also being on the spectrum, I can understand from both sides. BUT why I mentioned this is that when the retailer withdrew all contact the customer had a few hundred poundsworth of his money invested in pre-orders, and this is with what was (And probably now is) one of Britains largest model railway retailers.
No doubt some arrangement was later made in regards to the past situation as the retailer would not want to have been sued and the customer wanted their money returned and to try and understand why a retailer acted as they did as one may need an open and honest conversation to try and do this as one may not pick up on hints or sentences given assuming the other person will understand.

Anyway. Some retailers will insist on pre-orders being paid in full. But one can always take ones money elsewhere if it is so and one objects to it.

But I do admit that if one is going to pre-order and payment is required, one needs to do safety checks.

The old safety checks predate the internet. Never ever trade unless one has a physical address somewhere in the advert that one can look up via Google maps and check out the business is legitimate. (Honest dealers have nothing to hide and will have their business name up where they trade from to attract customers).
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...