Paint Shades

Paint Shades

Post by 508035 »

Hi Everyone

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me here as I am not too sure myself so I think its time to ask.

I am building 2 class 508 units in 4 coach formation and want to pain them in the original BR Blue and Grey livery with full yellow cab fronts.

The problem I have run into is that with so many paint products available, I am not sure which brand of paint is the best to use and also the bodies of the coaches are 3D printed purchased from a seller on Ebay.

Could anybody please help me with any knowledge of which shades of Blue, Grey & Yellow willbe suitable for these models. I mostly work with enamel paints but again I am not sure if any of the available shades of the required colours are even close to those I am looking for.

The 2 units I am building are based on the premise that they had been delivered as 4 coach units to merseyrail instead of the southern where they operated journeys out of Waterloo station via Clapham Junction etc.

Many thanks in advance for any replies given.
bone

Re: Paint Shades

Post by bone »

Before anyone else suggests them, I would use Railmatch. Available from Gaugemaster here https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/gener ... brand.html . Available in aerosol and tins/pots. Enamel and acrylic. Other suppliers are available.
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Equally important - use a white primer where the yellow is to go. Yellow is a 'thin' colour that will not cover anything other than white.
I'll second the vote for Railmatch - have a look at Howes Models as they have some decent guides on their site.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)

Post by 508035 »

Many thanks for your help, I will certainly checkout that link