Wishlist

Questions about using the site
Maz066

Wishlist

Post by Maz066 »

Brian,
Just an idea. With Christmas comes "What will we buy Dad?" I would love something to do with model rail but alas it is usually another screwdriver set or similar. If there was a wishlist on this forum I could point my 5 kids and 16 grandkids to the site and maybe get something I need for the railway. Is this possible with a member login?
Peter
Brian

Re: Wishlist

Post by Brian »

Just start a new Topic in perhaps the Mess Room forum area? :D
You can link to it directly by copying the URL once the topic is set up. ;)
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I asked for Rails of Sheffield vouchers a couple of Christmas's ago, worked a treat.
Nurse, the screens!
dtb

Post by dtb »

I have a Hattons wishlist set up, I give it to the wife and leave it to her where she buys the items from.
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

dtb wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:04 pm I have a Hattons wishlist set up, I give it to the wife and leave it to her where she buys the items from.
........ but would’t that give the other half visibility to what things really cost !
dtb

Post by dtb »

she already knows, been getting items for me for years now from my wishlist or her own idea's, she once got me a Oxford car for the period I model, that was even a surprise to me!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The strange thing is with model railways and my personal requirements are that as long as Hornby keep making the budget 0-4-0's and I have a supply of wheels and small bits and pieces along with glues, solder and various pieces of half wrecked track to work with, I am fine. I was thinking "What do I need that the manufacturers don't make. Some ready to run locos and stock? Prehaps but I would feel guilty for asking, as it would likely be far more then I could aford, and would make my kit and scratchbuilt efforts look so crude in comparisson that I'd probably not be brave enough to buy. Little 4 wheel coaches I could repaint would be an idea if the price is right.
Fleishmann used to make the "Magic Train" which was actually ahead of its time in concept. A trainset for beginners into 7mm narrow scale. However, Fleishmann made the locos a tad overbuilt (Therefore expensive) and at the same time it seemed to be marketed towards the toy train market by making them robust. I ocasionally see such locos in train sales fairs but even at their reduced prices they have been slightly out of reach. The last one I looked at was a diesel and in excellent condition at £75. Actually a fair price if I had £75 spare at the time that I saw it!
A basic RTR trainset in 0-16.5 would be nice for all those who want a start in this scale and gauge. Something that takes advantage of tight curves like an 0-4-0 loco and short coaches or little waggons...
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...