Wykeham - Somewhere in the south!

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
brian1951

Re: Wykeham - Somewhere in the south!

Post by brian1951 »

Watching paint dry, just like this forum :lol:
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I have been under the boards today. Four DCC Cobalt iP point motors fitted to two 3-way electrofrog points, wired and working - fiddle yard is almost fully operational again - I still have to shorten the pins and grind them flush with the tie bar.

ImageIMG_1754 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Coming along nicely Barry.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Steve M wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:04 pm Coming along nicely Barry.
I'm getting there Steve - albeit slowly.

Post by 508035 »

Can I ask please where you purchased those particular 3 way turnouts from ?, I have been looking for those for quite some time but have never been able to find them anywhere.

Also are the code 75 or code 100 rail, I do have some code 75 track intermixed with code 100 byway of transition pieces which works well with the vast majority of my stock, although having said that, there are a few items with older lima wheels fitted which I have to restrict where they can go

I have recently assembled 2 × 4 coach Class 508 units ( based fictionally on them being delivered to merseyrail as 4 coaches insyead of 3 ), I would have to check the wheels to make sure there are no lima wheels fitted but those turnouts would be ideal additions to my layout once I get it all put together.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Hi 508035 - I bought them from Hattons many moons ago when I started building the layout - I think it was 2013. They are SL-E199 Peco Asymmetric Turnout 3 Way Electrofrog Code 75. Kernows have two in stock at £48.99 each - not cheap!
If you visit the Peco site, you can print out full size templates, sometimes helps before purchasing to make sure they fit your situation.

Post by 508035 »

Excellent, thank you for that, I shall take a look at the website now.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

A degree of normality returning to Wykeham :) Backscene board now back in place with new scene, hills/tunnel re-instated. Now have to start work on new control desk. All points are now operational via the Hornby Elite, but hopefully will be push-button in the not to distant future - still awaiting a few bits and pieces from DCC Concepts :roll: . Debating whether to change the Metcalfe retaining wall with detailed walling as in place on other parts of the layout.

ImageIMG_1758 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

That's certainly gonna give your brain a workout mapping the control desk, I will be following with interest as that is something that I know I will struggle with when that time comes for me !
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Too Tall wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 2:42 pm That's certainly gonna give your brain a workout mapping the control desk, I will be following with interest as that is something that I know I will struggle with when that time comes for me !
Hopefully it should be fairly straightforward :roll: All point operation will be wireless, turntable operation (I have two) will be via a Gaugemaster Twin Track flush mounted controller - wiring is in place from previous set-up. The lighting might be a headache, but I did label all the wiring before removing the original panel - we shall see.