WEST ORTON

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Mountain Goat

Re: WEST ORTON

Post by Mountain Goat »

Steve M wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:17 am The bl##dy pole didn't even get scratched!
There is a slight paint scratch on the tailgate - T cut and a small brush will sort that. A very small nick in the plastic bumper - black hot glue will sort that. But there is a large plastic trim panel/diffuser in the centre that has a big crease in it - no saving that. Found a new replacement part on fleabay for £50 so not the end of the world even if I have to respray it. I'll fire up the big spray gun rather than the airbrush if I have to although we have a very good automotive paint supplier in town that will make up two pack paint in rattle cans - ideal now that Halfords no longer stock car colours.
So, guess what I'm doing after our hols.
The plastic dent may come out if you heat it with a hair dryer?
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:27 pm
Steve M wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:17 am The bl##dy pole didn't even get scratched!
There is a slight paint scratch on the tailgate - T cut and a small brush will sort that. A very small nick in the plastic bumper - black hot glue will sort that. But there is a large plastic trim panel/diffuser in the centre that has a big crease in it - no saving that. Found a new replacement part on fleabay for £50 so not the end of the world even if I have to respray it. I'll fire up the big spray gun rather than the airbrush if I have to although we have a very good automotive paint supplier in town that will make up two pack paint in rattle cans - ideal now that Halfords no longer stock car colours.
So, guess what I'm doing after our hols.
The plastic dent may come out if you heat it with a hair dryer?
I've seen those videos - unfortunately it has a split in it. If it had been in the steel panel it would be less of an issue as I can do PDR (paintless dent repair). As it is a new trim panel will just clip in.
And I used to be able to take this.....
And turn it into this...
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

New panel arrived this morning - 36 hours after ordering. Bonus feature - already painted!!
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Back to railways - I've found the loose wire on the station lamps. All working now. :D
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Nice.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...