Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Steve M

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by Steve M »

Another one?? ;)
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
brian1951

Post by brian1951 »

Strange deal this Steve, sold it to a guy in 2019, its never been out of the box not even displayed, he now wants to go to N gauge, so im doing him a good deal with a load of locos for one OO loco.
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

I just received this ... I just liked its slightly quirky looks so found a nice used one .

Of course now I have to shoehorn a sound decoder and speaker in .... but I have a cunning plan involving an Oxford Southern Sound fitted version I picked up for a just little over the cost of a sound decoder. If they can fit one in theirs, I am sure I can shoehorn it into the Hornby one somehow 😄

I believe the front pony truck should have pick-ups on both wheel pairs on the Hornby, mine only seems to work from ones closest to the driving wheels, so another thing to investigate while I am checking its is wired  to the 8 pin socket correctly !

Stese

Post by Stese »

I recently purchased these 3 coaches by Poacher.

Two are identically numbered, and the other (middle) is a mail carrier.

Mostly ready to run, but I do want to renumber them, and also change the couplings to something NEM compatible... possibly knuckle style.
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Looking for some coaches for the Adams radial above, the SR Bulleid brake vans @ £17 each were a bargain, just need a composite or 2 now !
At that price I felt they were worth it as a rolling chassis or spares on the ones I don't use.