Reopening "Why don't they make?"...

A place where you can describe your model railway wished for items that are not currently available.
yelrow

Re: Reopening "Why don't they make?"...

Post by yelrow »

Barry, hi, I like that. Don’t like the price,though. Might be worth a look on eBay Germany, for used one.
Goingdownslow

Post by Goingdownslow »

Englishbob wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:32 am My question is..."Why don't they make a code 100, electrofrog double-slip?" There may be a perfectly simple explanation. After all, I freely admit to being below-novice at all this!
I don't know why they don't make code 100 electrofrog slips but I got around it by converting the insulfrog ones.

Goingdownslow

Post by Goingdownslow »

Now that Dapol do working bracket signals in 00 why don't they make one like this...
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I expect they will.
Nurse, the screens!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Regarding points and crossings and their various types, I never forget seeing the proposed "New" (In the last days of Lima) Lima track system all in nickel silver where one could buy points and crossings in short sections to build the point or crossing up to how one wanted it, and one could make quite complex station throat trackwork like this but it never was imported here into the UK to my knowledge. It would have been quite something to get hold of had it been available like it was in their catalogue. It was extremely cleverly worked out and I remember drooling over it in their catalogue! I was used to Peco in those days where to even attempt such complex junctions (Even today) one would need to do a lot of cutting and soldering. Yet this new track was made to join without the need to hack into it. It was truely something special.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

Imagine if it did exist being Lima it would have quite clunky but plainly an idea that could be taken by someone today; would be good if Peco had some meaningful competition
Chops

Post by Chops »

First Gen steam cars.
sandy

Post by sandy »

Englishbob wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:32 am From the cheap-seats...(All will become apparent if you read on...). I am returning after 55 years. From the days of "Hornby super 4". I am at the planning/drafting/drawing stage of a DC, 9.5 metre, end-to-end layout, in OO. I will be using Peco code 100 with electrofrogs. My question is..."Why don't they make a code 100, electrofrog double-slip?" There may be a perfectly simple explanation. After all, I freely admit to being below-novice at all this!
Oh, and be warned...I have several hundred other dumb-questions!!!
I have a SL-90 Double slip on my mainline and it works just fine. Perhapse that is why they dont make an Electrofrog version.
Sandy
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Mike Parkes wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:04 pm Imagine if it did exist being Lima it would have quite clunky but plainly an idea that could be taken by someone today; would be good if Peco had some meaningful competition
Was not the least bit clunky. What I saw in the Lima catalogue was very impressive nickel silver pointwork in sections to be assembled as one desires. While they were likely to have been code 100, they looked better than most track that I have seen from the photos. I think the sleepers were slightly brown and the nickel silver rails were yellow giving it an interesting look. Was not the black clunky track that Lima usually made. (Mind you, the old copper coloured Lima railjoiners were hard to beat for longlivity, but this that I saw was an all new track system which was nothing like the past).
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Stese

Post by Stese »

sandy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:08 am I have a SL-90 Double slip on my mainline and it works just fine. Perhapse that is why they dont make an Electrofrog version.
I suppose thats a plausable explaination to a question i've asked myself.

But then again, Why have peco brought out a completely new track system based on a scale that has very little manufacturer support in terms of locos and rollingstock...
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.