Peco diamond crossing - short circuit?

IanS

Re: Peco diamond crossing - short circuit?

Post by IanS »

Personally I prefer screws to pins, less chance of missing the pin and damaging the rail or sleepers. Others of course may disagree and many use PVA to glue track down.
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I think the most important thing to do when using track pins is never use a hammer but push the pin in with the end of some pliers. Secondly use Gaugemaster pins that are very sharp with a thin flat head.
Nurse, the screens!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Thanks chaps. In the event it was a car of raising the crossing with bits of card. I'll see if this solution passes the test of time and if not replace the sections of Profitrack - probably should do this anyway!
IanS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:26 pm Personally I prefer screws to pins, less chance of missing the pin and damaging the rail or sleepers. Others of course may disagree and many use PVA to glue track down.
Walkingthedog wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:56 pm I think the most important thing to do when using track pins is never use a hammer but push the pin in with the end of some pliers. Secondly use Gaugemaster pins that are very sharp with a thin flat head.
I'm using Gaugemaster pins and find that they're great with the very hard MDF that I have for my baseboards. I first bought Peco but they're hopeless ... I think screws would be too visible but can see taht they're a sensible option. But I'm using a fine glazier's hammer and a 3" punch to drive the pins home gently without the hammer coming anywhere the track or rails.