Kraggie Gorge cum Alesund

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
DavidR

Re: Kraggie Gorge cum Alesund

Post by DavidR »

Hi Guys,

Don’t know where to put this. Out for a pub lunch with my boy today. In the sticks Norfolk. I did not know that Reedham had a railway swing bridge! That gave me an idea to model it for a loop on the high level part (when I get started) 🤔 It would be a challenge for me, not so for the seasoned moddlers, but looking forward to have a go at it.
The bridge stated in 1840! as a single track, in 1903-4 the widened it for a twin track. However, I may have a go at it as a swing bridge, if not a static one.

Stese_Admin

Post by Stese_Admin »

Hi David,

As this is in reference to you emulating something like it on your model, it's perfectly valid in here... :)

If you were just posting it as a 'look at this cool thing', 'The Real Thing' forum would be the best place.

to be honest with you, I think something like a swing bridge would be a challenge for some seasoned modellers... but don't let that put you off!
Stese

Post by Stese »

Hi David,

I noticed something on FB marketplace, that I think you might be interested in... I won't link it here as we don't normally do that for off-site sales.

The item was Lima 600052, an operating swing bridge. Might give you some ideas how to incorporate this into your layout. :)
Father, IT Guy, HO/OO Modeler.
DavidR

Post by DavidR »

Hi guys,

Been ploughing on with the track weathering, so much to do! I also have a mix of points, set track peco and hornby. Some are electro and others are insulfrogs ( think I can manage to wire them for dcc and insulating joiners on the frog bit).
I know the distance between set track is 67mm but I have some big american locos with articulated freight/passenger carriages. So will have to set a bit wider on the bends! Just as well I have flexi track! Will have to gauge that on the build. I have also 3 dcc reverse polarity things for when the loop is done. We will see, need to plan the track first.

One question is what is the formula for the riser track? The clearance I have is about 90mm from the high level to low level.(may have to raise it a bit).

BR

Dave
Chops

Post by Chops »

Interesting endeavor. As the few people that see "Henley" assume anything with buffers is European, ergo, my beloved Electrotren, a few German and French makes blend quietly.