1900: The Search for Nessie Continues.

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Chops

Operations in Lower Dunderton

Post by Chops »

Not far from Piddlesworth. (No model trains were killed or injured in this production).

https://youtu.be/0Bkrb9z1wMU
Walkingthedog

Re: 1900: The Search for Nessie Continues.

Post by Walkingthedog »

Thanks Chops great video as usual. I like your double double crossover crossover.
Nurse, the screens!
Chops

Post by Chops »

Working on a few bits in fits. Biff, the cat, approves the black wash, and supervises from on high. A black wash to the stratum of the rock cut; the stratum appears less pronounced, the shine is off. The stratum less glaring, more mute. The signals at one of the two Crossings of Death have been attached with a little glue. Stonehenge has been cut out and moved to a new location. The Salt Mine of New Medea has a few test trees nearby, it softens the harsh lines. A small hill shall be worked in to reduce the flatness. The toll house at the lock will have its shrubs removed, and a white picket fence installed, as I found enough picket to surround it. A locomotive gets a couple glued back on to its tender.
Chops

Post by Chops »

Biff rewards the hand that feeds him by biting on it. Claws retracted.

Tools and things weight down Stonehenge, fallen henges re-erected; the glue is setting. Afterwhich, the border will be blended and a path laid out to the gate.
Chops

More progress

Post by Chops »

It occurs to me that the empty backside would be an ideal place to model the White Cliffs of Dover as they
tower over the Channel. I won't be modeling the sea shore, just the escarpment.

New Midian Salt Mine gets a hill. The White Horse of Uffington lurks on the hillside, behind.

Toll House by the canal gets a picket fence.

Random shrubs to top of cut make it look more...more...more...well, you get the idea. Gray wash to the
cut stratum tones them down, nicely.
sandy

Post by sandy »

Last September my wife and I were walking along loch Ness towards Urquhart Castle and we both saw something leaving a trail in the water. It was travelling about 300 hundred yards along the opposite bank so we were a long way from it. But it was certainly was not a boat. Its speed was quite slow. The loch was very calm so the wake was clear in the water. Could have been an animal like a seal perhaps but they normally bob up and down rather than stay on the surface of the water. Make of that what you will. By the time I got back to the car to get my long lens for the camera it was gone.
Last edited by sandy on Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy
Chops

Post by Chops »

How interesting! Your description gives me the chills. In times past, I've paddled around in bays in the Pacific, and Atlantic. Not so keen on that now, stick to fresh water. Supposedly shark attacks are rare, but often enough to quell my adventurism. I enjoy swimming in wild waters, but nothing would ever get me into that Scottish broth. Some naysayers attribute random ripples to water currents from feeder streams and also of temperature differentials. No less, your description gives me the chills. In times past, I've paddled around in bays in the Pacific, and Atlantic. Not so keen on that now, stick to fresh water.

Britain is loaded with mystery, among them the Uffington Horse. It is not certain that anyone has worked out how they plotted this exceptionally graceful relic out. Some long lost surveying technique?

Progress continues, slowly, upon Henley. Salt Mines of Numidia (a reference to joys of employment. Numidia being referenced in Robert Grave's "I, Claudius," by Livia, in threatening Gladiators not to fake it, lest she sends "the lot of you to the salt mines in Numidia.") taking shape.

Trains adapting well to the Bachmann EZ Track. Some pieces used to derail badly and unpredictably upon OO set track, now running much better with rarely a problem.

Chops

Post by Chops »

"Blood and Custard" taking on passengers at Station Henley. Stonehenge. Umm, a Class um, something, idling in the fog, waiting on
its next orders. Projects in the offing include the White Cliffs of Dover, a pre-steam granite trackway, and revamping the
dinosaur excavation. Henley, where we take compression modeling to new depths of compression.
Chops

Numidia: Salt Mine

Post by Chops »

Chops

Salt Mines of Numidia

Post by Chops »