Henley

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
Chops

Henley Gets a Goods Yard

Post by Chops »

Chops

More progress on the Goods Yard

Post by Chops »

Fairly satisfied with the brick pavers of the canal docks.

The collier's black and white brick paper came off flat in color and lacking in texture, and a quick mock up of more colored brick paper has a more satisfactory visual result. A viaduct along the rear back drop may be added to merge the background/foreground split; a technique I am seeing often in British model rail. I can't recall seeing that technique done very much in North American model rail. The collier, I might add, is courtesy of Sandy, and his use of brick retaining walls has captured my attention.

In general, it is not as important to me to replicate a scene, but rather evoke a scene. If nothing else, it is more within my grasp.

Chops

Re: Henley

Post by Chops »

Hornby Peckett noses her way about the paved goods yard. Wiring needs to be completed for the turnout.

Wrenn Fox Hunting Wagon. A lovely eBay find. Mostly made of metal. The little doors spring open.

I'd thought I'd ruined this Rapido Stirling with my clumsy attempts to add the fenders, but the fellows at Rapido had her up and running in no time. Arguably the most attractive, stylish locomotive of the 19th century. Runs a treat.
Chops

New Views from Your Railway Carriage

Post by Chops »

What if the railways of antiquities could run movie trailers advertising their wares?
(Didn't realize I'd plopped a 1930's DMU into the mix until after I'd cut the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRICohZjXOM
Chops

Re: Henley

Post by Chops »

Different views in and about Henley. The back wall will support a nice back drop of British hill and dale.
The colliery is courtesy of Sandy, and much more needs to be done to give it a proper setting. A magnificent
center piece, thank you Sandy for all the work needed to send this overseas.

The Robertson's van was part of a wind up Wrenn set I received in 1966 whilst living abroad in your fair land. It
damaged me permanently, as I cannot get Britain out of my system, ever since.
Chops

Things But Rarely Seen

Post by Chops »