Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Too Tall

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by Too Tall »

And the last of my latest spending spree, a 56xx to share branchline duties with my 4575.
A bargain I feel. looks as new, runs smooth and cost me £43.50 inc delivery.

Fitting an HM7k decoder, speaker, and hopefully, stay alive, should exercise my brain cells !
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

My Father allowed me to re-home these never run beasties from his display cabinet.
Plan is to hook up some tender wiring and fit them with HM7K decoders and speakers.

Steve M

Post by Steve M »

I may get my fingers burned, but something 'different' should be arriving later in the week.
"Not very stable, but incredibly versatile." ;)
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

The suspense is unbearable! :shock:
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Just to fill in while Steve M awaits his delivery ....

I carefully purchased some items over a period of days, to have a week of nice pressies arriving most days .... and they all come at once 😆

So some secondhand purchases:

A rake of Pullmans, my research taught me they were initially wood (match) boarded under the windows, and later (in BR days) they covered or replaced these with aluminium panels. So then I had to find ones with aluminium panels as they were to run with my BR locos. These don't have NEM, but do have the "kinematic" close coupling, with screw in tension locks, so I am sure I can soon fabricate a link bar on the 3DP at a later stage (they will be left in their rake once on the layout).

The Class 3P for goods duty on the branch line.

The Standard 4MT does have an unglued speedo cable and an unglued chimney, but as it is otherwise sound, and only cost me £72, I can live with it ! This will be on main line goods duty.

Then a couple of (I felt) nicely priced brand new ones:

The Midland Compound will be on branch line light passenger duty, TMC are selling these for £99 brand new at the moment.

And lastly, my favourite of the bunch, A 2022 tooled 9F, metal boiler I believe, DCC sound fitted with HM7k, and selling at Kernow MC at the moment for £199 ... I had to have her ! Obviously on the main line, hauling goods.

Now I best get myself braced for when the finance minister finds out 😳 better to seek forgiveness than permission :lol:
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

The first installment of my rake of S/H Maunsell coaches arrived today, Coaches are absolutely as new, I hope the others on order are is as good as these 😊

Obviously not as popular as the Maroon BR Mk1s I am trying to build a rake of, judging by the prices 😆

Steve M

Post by Steve M »

Picked up in Aldi today for £14.99 - car vacuum cleaner. Perfect for the layout. The nozzle is an almost exact fit on the rails and long enough to dodge buildings.
And it's cordless.

Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

I have something very similar, A very handy tool to have !
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Do you mean I have been checking each day for the last 10 days and it was all for a flipping vacuum cleaner…….. I had convinced myself that you had seen the light and bought a “Western” - LOL
Steve M

Post by Steve M »

No Richard, check my 'cautionary tale' post.
But the cleaner was worth waiting for!😉