Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
Too Tall

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by Too Tall »

Extending my new purchases, These 2 arrived today:

For Shunting and Station Pilot duties:

I couldn't resist a bit of Southern Style at the price this was !

bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

This arrived today. I have been after this particular pack (Hornby R3606) for sometime. I bought the coach pack back in 2018, but for some reason did not buy the driving cars. This one came up on ebay - described as never been out of the box and so never used - and I have to say it does look that way.

ImageIMG_1724 by Barry Clayton, on Flickr
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

I couldn't have just one SR loco, so this iconic addition arrived today:

yelrow

Post by yelrow »

BB, Brighton Belle. Every night at 19.00 from Victoria. Used to catch it , every Monday night. Treated myself to Toasted Teacake, and pot of tea. Did that for several years. I have the 5 car set in Blue/white. Wanted your colour, but got a very good deal. Also , have the N gauge 5 car.

Post by 508035 »

Hi Everyone

As it's been a while since I last posted on this particular thread I thought it would be a good idea to post again.

My recent purchases have included 5 Lima class 117 coaches ( 1 powered, 3 trailers and 1 unpowered driving coach ) in the white with blue stripe livery and more recently a blue & grey class 117 unpowered driving coach.

Aswell as the class 117 coaches I have also purchased a hornby locomotive drive Duchess class locomotive number 6225 Duchess Of Gloucester for £85 aswell as a tender drive Princess Class locomotive number 6210 Lady Patricia with certificate number 91 of 1000 ( very fitting purchase as 91 was the number of 1 if my previous addresses ).

I have also purchased cd motor kits from Diesel-trains.co.uk for my Lima Class 94XX 0-6-0 and the powered coach of the Class 117 aswell as the Peters Spares X03 / X04 replacement motors for triang / hornby locomotives.

The X03 replacement motor was fitted into a triang A3 chassis and the performance is greatly improved. 1 of the X04 replacement motors ( 2 were ordered along with the X03 replacement motor ) has been fitted into a 1980s / 1990s hornby tender drive A1/3 locomotive chassis and now drives on the locomotive wheels instead of being pushed by a tender motor. To lighten the load on the loco, it is coupled to a tender chassis for the locomotive drive A1/3 class and has a body from the tender of the Great British Locomotives Scotsman loco which is a huge improvement on the hornby tender body.

Pictures of all the above will follow over the next few days as I am currently out at the moment and won't have pictures of the items mentioned until tonight at the earliest and there will be more purchases on the 21st of this month as I will be going to the model fair at Hulme Hall in Port Sunlight so hopefully ( depending on what I find ) there should ( with any luck ) be further photos to follow in due course.

Hope you are all well and enjoying the weather while it lasts although a bit too warm for me.

Post by 508035 »

Here are the first 2 pictures of my recent purchases.

Here I fitted 1 of tye Peters Spares X04 replacement motors to a 1980s / 90s A1 / chassis, the conversion is remarkably simple and very easy to do. The motor still needs to be wired up as I had to temporarily remove my self made pickups from the base keeper plate, these will be refitted either this morning or possibly tonight if I feel inclined to get them sorted..

I already owned the chassis as it is from my A3 locomotive 60080 Dick Turpin which I had previously converted the tender motor to a cd motor.

For anybody who has not yet fitted 1 of these motors and / or wired 1 up, I will post a picture of the wiring unless I am informed that such a picture will not be necessary but suffice it to say the wiring is always the same because the motors are fitted the same way round during the production process.

Duchess Of Gloucester. For a 2nd hand locomotive she runs very well and ip to now has only required 1 easy repair to refit a valve gear screw after it came loose causing the valve gear to catch on the track and derail the loco while shd was reversing.

Fortunately,I I also purchased a hornby valve gear screw tightener, I'll post a picture so you know what I am talking about ( unless I am informed that this picture will be unnecessary ).

Post by 508035 »

Here is the Lima Class 117
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

You bought a nut spinner. Useful tools to own.
Nurse, the screens!

Post by 508035 »

It certainly has proved useful and easier to tighten up the valve gear screws instead of a pair of long nosed ploers which I was previously using
Walkingthedog

Post by Walkingthedog »

I have a set of various sizes and have found them invaluable.
Nurse, the screens!